Cole & Xan <3

A/N - I don't know where this came from I literally freestyled the whole thing 😭

~~~

Cole

Contrary to popular belief, I wasn't some idiotic piece of shit who spent his time provoking people and filling my lungs with smoke.

Okay, well I am all of the above, just not twenty-four-seven.

As much as I radiated a zero-fucks attitude wherever I went, it was somewhat of a façade most of the time...and I liked it that way.

Not a fucking clue why.

I chewed on the end of my pen with a frown, my eyes scanning the same sentence again for the thousandth time; while my teachers had been nothing short of accommodating and given me the reading in an easier-to-read font and size, it wasn't going in tonight. Probably had something to do with the fact it was nearly four in the morning, but who was really checking?

I dropped my pen onto the desk and adjusted my glasses, thick framed pieces of shit that replaced my contacts in the nighttime; the light from the lamp on my desk was making my head hurt, but I wasn't tired.

I was tempted to stick my head out of my window and smoke, but I needed to do this homework..and my Pops was like a fucking smoke detector.

Even in his sleep.

Deciding I needed a break from this shit I pushed away from my desk, rising to my feet and groaning as what felt like almost every bone in my body cracked; I'd beg Dad to give me a massage tomorrow.

~

After opening my bedroom door, I was met with complete fucking silence- give or take the snoring coming from Quinn's room. The light on the landing was on, and I found myself standing there staring at the photos that covered almost every single wall up here.

Our dads had a bit of an...addiction to taking photos of every aspect of Quinn's and I's lives, and the walls of our house had paid the price- and made the two of us the victim of all the jokes when our cousins came over.

The one of Quinn and I crammed into a tiny-ass paddling pool, probably four and two, the pair of us in swimming trunks and grinning at the camera.

Quinn's third birthday, him on Pops' shoulders with a small party hat on his head and his hand clinging onto a number 3 balloon.

The two of us feeding ducks at the park with Dad, kitted out in raincoats, boots and umbrellas.

I couldn't hide my smile as I relayed my whole life staring at these walls.

~

With my trip down memory lane over, I slipped outside and into the small house out in the garden, my homework long forgotten and the urge to stay up all night playing video games filling me instead. I could've called Luke to see if he wanted to play too, but the piece of shit was never really awake after three in the morning, claiming he needed his beauty sleep.

Idiot.

A thud in the bathroom made me jump the second I kicked off my shoes, I knew full fucking well that my dads and brother were asleep, so I didn't know who the fuck was out here.

It took me three steps to enter the kitchen area, three seconds to grab a knife from the kitchen drawer, and a further three to decide to burst into the room like I wasn't shitting it on the inside.

"Pops?", I lowered the knife and felt my chest deflate in relief, my eyebrows pulling into a frown, "what the fuck? I thought someone had broken in or-,".