Ezra & The Boys <3

A/N - finally writing the turning point in Ezra and the guys' relationship 🥹

TW upsetting scenes throughout

Ezra's 19, Zane 28, Nix 26, Scott 25, Caleb 23, Chase 22, Xav & Xan 19 ❤️

PS - the first line is one of if not my fav way I've started a scene ever 😭😭

~~~

Zane

"You know, if one of you were being held at gunpoint and someone told me it was you or all the popcorn left in the world", Xavier paused, sipping the milkshake that was bigger than his head- and brain apparently, "I'd hesitate".

"Of course you fucking would", Alexander smacked our brother on the head while he was mid-sip and he choked on the straw.

"After all I've done for you Xavier?", his face fell and he shook his head, gazing between the rest of our brothers as well as Phoenix.

"No- no, I", he sipped his drink again, "I'd save you Zane".

"How thoughtful of you", I scoffed, Phoenix laughing into my shoulder, "Prescott, any new pictures of Kadence?".

"Funny you ask", he grinned, joining us on the sofa and pulling his phone out of his pocket, "he's having a day out with Uncle Maverick".

Makayla's brother was just as obsessed with his nephew as we were, and rightly so. My chest warmed when I saw the pictures of my first nephew in his stroller, kitted out in a bucket hat and a pair of sunglasses that were way too big for his face.

"How much does he eat? He's a chunky little guy", Caleb chuckled from behind, having just entered the room with Chase in tow. It wasn't often that we all got together at once, and despite Isabella being out shopping with Amelia, this was the closest we'd gotten in a while.

"He loves his milk", Prescott shrugged, "something tells me he won't be a fussy eater".

"Like some people", Alexander scoffed, jabbing a thumb in the direction of an oblivious Xavier, who seemed to care more about his bag of popcorn than socialising with us.

"I can't imagine having an actual kid", Caleb shook his head, perching on the arm of the sofa, "a whole tiny human you're responsible for?".

"It's terrifying at first", Chase admitted, "but then it's the best thing you'll ever experience".

"I'll take your word for it", Caleb sipped the beer in his hand and sighed contentedly, "can you believe Izzy's forced me into picking her up later?".

"Yes", we all said, a frown covering his face.

"She uses you as a taxi and she has a car", Xavier snorted, "she's been using you".

"Fuck", he rubbed his jaw and hummed, "well next time I'm saying no".

"No you're not", I scoffed, burying my fingers in Phoenix's hair and kissing his temple, "because then she'll ask one of us".

"So I'm being used by all of you?", he chuckled humourlessly, "and don't act like you wouldn't drop everything if she asked".

"It's kinda true Z", my boyfriend told me and I exhaled sharply through my nostrils, knowing I couldn't deny it. I frowned when the front door knocked, and with the knowledge that Isabella was due a lift home from Caleb, I didn't know who it could be.

"I'll go", I stood, picking up my pace when the door knocked again, I pulled it open and my frown deepened, "Ezra". The boy standing on the other side of the door looked, quite frankly terrified. His eyes were teary, hands trembling in front of him, shuffling on his feet nervously.