Cole & Quinn <3

A/N - should've named this Xan, Jax, Cole and Quinn but oh well

Very short but very sweet🥹

ITS APRIL😀

~~~

Cole

Because my brother's immune system was complete and utter shit, he was suffering from the flu in the middle of summer.

We were meant to go on a walk with Pops and Dad to 'admire the nature'- Dad's words, nobody else's- but Quinn had woken up with a blocked nose, a cough, and a high temperature as well as a headache.

That had cancelled our plans instantly, because our dads acted like someone was dying whenever we did so much as sniff.

"Take this up to him, hm?", Pops handed me a plate of eggs and toast, I hummed and fixed my glasses with my unoccupied hand, "ask if he wants anything else".

"Yes sir", I nodded, stepping out of the kitchen as he sauntered over to Dad, pressing him up against the counter- ew.

Knocking on Quinn's door twice I waited, chuckling to myself when a groan came from the other side. My fifteen year old brother was wrapped in a duvet, surrounded by tissues and whatnot; he sat up when he saw me and smiled a little.

"How are you feeling?", I asked him, kicking the door shut behind me and sitting on the edge of his bed, "you look like shit".

"I feel like shit", he sniffed, stomach growling the second he looked down at the plate of food, "Pops made that?".

"Who else cooks twenty four seven in here?", I rolled my eyes, placing it on his lap, "you need anything else?". He pondered for a moment, eating a few forkfuls of his eggs while I sat there and waited- whatever he was gonna say better have been good.

"You feel like getting me some of that chocolate with the salted caramel inside? And that popping candy I like? Or maybe some of that vanilla ice cream that-,".

"Are you really sick, or just trying to rinse my bank account?", I raised an eyebrow, he just gave me a deadpan expression to which I huffed, "write me a list, I'll get it for you".

"Thank you, I love you", a triumphant smile spread across Quinn's face and I scowled, adjusting my glasses.

"Love you too", I shoved his head, making his own glasses wonky, "call me when you're ready". Patting his duvet twice I stood, winking at him before slipping back out of his room and joining my dads back downstairs.

Surprise surprise, the pair of them were still making out against the fucking counter.

"You know, as a chef Pops, you should be aware of the importance of keeping a kitchen a sanitary space right?", I folded my arms and raised my eyebrows, watching the two of them pull apart and look over at me.

"So we can't show affection now?", Pops scowled at me, but I could detect his teasing tone beneath it, "Quinn okay?".

"There's showing affection and there's...that", I waved a hand, "he's fine, about to send me on a shopping spree for snacks".

"You want anything to eat?", Dad asked me, gesturing to the stovetop.

"I had cereal", I declined, Pops scrunching up his face afterwards, "substantial meal, isn't it?".

"Fuck no", he replied, "it's-,". We were cut off by the sound of something smashing upstairs- my blood running cold as I bolted from the kitchen, moving quicker than ever to reach my brother's bedroom.

I could hear my dads' footsteps behind me but blocked them out, needing to get to Quinn to make sure he was okay. I burst into the room, frowning at the sight of my brother sitting on his bed with his head bowed in between his legs, then at the smashed empty plate on the floor in front of him.