Kade in the Hospital...

A/N - yeah...

There was the BRIEFEST of mentions of this scene in Izzy & Xan's first extra scene but you don't need to remember it :)

~~~

Isabella

It was rare to see most of my brothers under the same roof nowadays, but it wasn't rare for either Kade or Sienna to be here, with their respective parents desperate for Zane or Nix to babysit.

Well not today.

"You're going to have to babysit Kadence, Isabella", Zane strolled into the kitchen, straightening his tie and checking his watch, "our lunch reservation is in thirty minutes- I'll pay you-,".

"I don't need money to babysit our nephew", I rolled my eyes at him, smiling when Nix entered the room in a suit too, "well don't you two look cute?".

"Cute?", my brother scoffed, brushing some non-existent dust from his shoulder, "we weren't going for cute".

"I'll take cute", Nix shrugged, adjusting his black bow-tie. He was wearing a white suit while Zane was in an all black one, look at them in the corresponding outfit stage of their relationship.

"When's Scott dropping Kade?", I asked, sipping my coffee and resting my chin on my hands, "or is it Kayla?".

"Those details were undisclosed", I found it nothing short of amusing when he spoke to me in business-mode, "Alexander's also meant to be coming over, something about taking his mind off of the fact that Jax has gone to talk to his parents".

"But he hates his parents", I frowned, "we all hate his parents".

"That we do", he nodded, "something about closure, I didn't pry". I hummed, sipping my drink again before jumping off of my stool and approaching my eldest brother; I stood on my tiptoes and straightened his tie.

"It was still wonky", I told him, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Gracias mi amor", he thanked me, kissing my forehead and proceeding to turn to Nix, "are we ready?".

"Absolutely", his hand wrapped around my brother's and I smiled- don't tell anyone, but I was pretty sure they were my favourite couple, "we'll see you later Izzy?".

"I'll be here", I saluted the pair of them, "have fun". I watched the backs of them retreat into the hallway, then out of the door, deciding to drop onto the sofa and find a horror movie to pass the time. Especially since I'd be forced to watch those repetitive animated songs that Kade was obsessed with at some point today.

Kill me.

~

I must've been about halfway through the shitty film on the tv when I heard a key in the front door, and knowing all of my brothers still had theirs I didn't even bother to sit up; until I heard babbling fill the air.

"There he is!", I frowned when I saw Xan holding our nephew while he kicked off his shoes, "why have you got Kade?".

"I just saw Kayla in the driveway", he shrugged, lifting the 8-month-old baby up into the air while he laughed loudly, "offered to take him in for her". He handed me Kade's bag of stuff and pulled me into a brief side hug, strolling past me and into the kitchen.

"And how are you doing today?", I tried, attempting to sound as nonchalant as possible.

"Zane told you", he stated and my face fell, "I'm on fucking edge, that's why I'm here". He sat Kade on the counter and smoothed a hand over the small amount of light blonde hair on his head.