Prologue

All my life I was told that I had to do something. From how much I remember there was always something I had to do. First it was school then it was homework, then they say go socialize or even go out a bit. Truth to be told. I never wanted that at all. If it was me, I would stick at home and just be in my bed and read books and online novels for the rest of my life. I don't even remember when I started to try and get away from life.

Did I even need a reason?

No matter how much I was thinking about it. I had everything I could ask for. I may not have known my father or my mother but I had my grandmother keeping me company. She was always there for me, providing me with a sweet home, love and food. There was nothing I couldn't tell her at all. She was just that woman who would try to make one feel better no matter what or who you are. I loved her for that.

Then why did I start to trap myself in my own world?

Ah... maybe school life?

Well I can't really say it is hard on me because I was not a person to socialize a lot. In fact I nearly never do that. Of course I knew the fact that I needed to be in a group and work together with other students but the thought of meeting with them after school was still a bit far-fetched for me.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I didn't have anything against people but if something I have learned from observing people then it was that human nature was a sly and cunning one. You could never know if someone was true to yourself or they wanted to gain something from you. Maybe they were even using you like a stepping stone. Who knows! I certainly have seen my own fair share.

A classmate getting bullied and dumped into a bin because she was small. Then another one stealing stuff from others. Ah and how could I forget about all these times where people accused me of stealing stuff.... yeah how could I forget.

Maybe this was my reason for just wanting to escape reality?

I had no one to really rely on besides my grandmother but I didn't want to bother her a lot. Of course I can trust her. It's just... each time when I ask for help she would always say stuff like: "Just ignore them" or "Did you tell others?" or even this "You know the saying. You don't need to search for idiots! They're gonna show themselves. That's life."

Since I was small, she would tell me stories about how her life was and how she grew up. Maybe this was also another reason why I chose to remain silent after a while and just endure it. Was there another choice? Would anyone believe me if I said, " It wasn't my fault!". I highly doubt that.

Was there a true friend?

Was there ever a friend I could trust?

How about that girl, I really liked sticking to and playing with her a lot when I was younger? Oh but how could I forget the moment she stole something and made me see and know about this too? How could I forget about how my heart was beating that day. I didn't steal a thing but just knowing that your best friend did made it not better at all.

So once again I was wondering how did I end up like this?

Maybe it was because I couldn't trust a soul or it was because I just learned that people were fools.

If someone would give you a helping hand, most of the time the other person would grab the full arm and take you with them. That was how human nature was and I was sick of it. I needed a place where people wouldn't betray me. Where I could be me and not the picture perfect person. I knew there was no one expecting me to be perfect. There was no rule nor standard nor any punishment at home. Then how come I wanted to make everything right?

Was this how society was actually programming kids to be?

Was it maybe the look in the teachers eyes and the way they said, I would never be able to be something bigger? HAH... how I wanted to laugh at them so badly.