~55~: Closure for families!

Ah rest is the best thing in the world that I could get. Sometimes it just felt this way and I knew this just because of how good I felt after I woke up. It really made such a difference. This was heaven or so I thought until I realized something. My body felt a lot lighter than it normally would and it just felt different.

When I woke up, I decided to still lay in bed and not move at all. In fact I was just staring at the ceiling and wondered if everything was okay with all the men out there. They fought a good and loong battle and were now officially all enemies to the crown. That courage and that willpower that they all displayed was something they should be proud of as well as praised for. All these brave men were ready to leave their life right there.

I wonder how everyone is doing...

And how many people we have lost....

Their poor families...

They should at least get a chance to be able to visit a grave....

I know what to do!

Once I started thinking about what happened, I couldn't help but think about all the people who lost their lives due to the demons as well as the beasts there. All these brave men had families and they would now have a hard life in front of them that was for sure. If there was something I could do to make it up to them, then I would do it. I at least wanted to give them some kind of closure and a place they could cry their souls out. This was what we owed them for sure.

Wait a moment...

Where am I even?

Funny how my first thought was about all the soldiers and their families and yet, I didn't even waste a single thought at the beginning questioning where I was at all. I mean I didn't feel as if I was threatened at all so I had assumed I was at home but looking at the fancy white decoration made me think otherwise. This decoration was just something I saw in a church alone. Then again, why should I be at a church at all?!

Slowly I got up from the bed and started looking around. This was when it hit me. I felt different but I couldn't describe why I felt different at all until it hit me. I got soo used to having a child's body that being back in a body that suited my mental age was just funny. I mean I didn't think that something like this would happen nor did I get why it was happening at all.

"Wow...."

This is me?

What happened?

Why do I have the body of a young adult now?"

Maybe this was related to my dragon form or it was even related to the power output. There were quite some theories popping up in my mind about right now. For one I could simply just grow fast since I was in a dragon form and a dragon but that wasn't making much sense since the first time I transformed nothing like this happened at all. The next logical thing that popped up in my mind was because of the power I had released earlier in the battle.

I felt it back then too. Something was slowly changing while I was fighting that thing but I ignored that small itching feeling that was nagging at me since my heartbeat was exhilarating as I was focusing on getting that thing down once and for all. I also remember them saying something about me starting to heal myself. Perhaps I had just managed to unlock some kind of ability? Maybe I was just stuck in a child's body due to me not being able to use the full power of my inner dragon. Who will know the truth? I didn't and as far as I knew, I was a case that no one ever saw before.

Nonetheless, I kinda really enjoyed being back in an adult body. I had long arms and legs and I was quite tall. My long hair was definitely eye-catching as well as the golden eyes I had. That was all I could tell from first glance at my body without a mirror. If there was a mirror in this room, I would have for sure ran towards it already.