~24~: A quiet life or not?

A couple of weeks passed and I really started to feel more confident in my powers. It was only recently that I learned how to talk while still being stuck as a dragon. This was how they knew my name and a couple of other things but it was still trying to talk a lot since I was not used to using mana and magic. It was kinda really exhausting using telepathy which was some form of magic.

On the other hand the tower master was coming over every now and then. He was the one teaching me a lot of stuff. Thanks to him, I could actually communicate with them and I started to get a feel for the mana around me as well as my talent. I never really knew that I could actually heal others but they kinda helped me realize that.

Of course I never told him that I found out my talent. It came to me when Ilya showed me a small little rabbit he caught the other day. It was petrified of me and was a bit hurt. Of course you wouldn't notice it a lot since the wound was not bleeding but I did see it try not to use one of the front paws. I think Ilya didn't really notice it before but he was way too proud to have caught a rabbit for that.

Anyways, the small rabbit was kinda forced to be with a huge predator such as me and as terrified as it was, it wasn't moving at all when Ilya put it down right next to me. The only thoughts I had were these:

Oh my god!

Soo cute and fluffy but what a poor thing though.

It must be soo scared of me to jump away....

And it's even hurt...

I wish it wouldn't be soo scared of me...

When I thought about that, somehow I started feeling the shift of mana and in the next instant, this small rabbit was actually jumping in front of me as if nothing happened, not even scared, not anything at all. It came rubbing itself against my cold scale out of its own free will. It was the most adorable thing I've seen soo far.

It was only after that, that all the small creatures around which got hurt came over to me when Ilya wouldn't be there. I don't get how or why but this small space was actually filled with soo many small animals, deers and at some point even wild horses, I mean unicorns. A unicorn was very very rare and considered to be nearly instinct but I had one right here leading a pack of horses. It seemed to me as if this forest was the place for them.

When the tower master saw me being surrounded by soo many animals, wolves, birds, name it and it probably was around me.

There was one instant and I remember that clearly, when I was sleeping and had a pack of wolves around me. They were soo soft to be around but the moment the Tower Master came a bit too close to me, they immediately started growling and protecting me. The growl on its own woke me up. The most ridiculous thing was the Tower Master getting attacked by wild wolves and they even managed to overpower him.

Well to be fair, they were not normal wolves at all. They were something called elemental wolves. Each wolf looked normal but they kinda could switch back and forth between their elemental form. That meant that the fire wolves had a fur coat out of fire and the water wolves had a fur made out of water, they on their own were complete water and could switch to a liquid state. The earth wolves had a bit of a bush like appearance and the air one looked a bit invisible but also like a mixture of clouds. They were flying and hovering above the ground at all times. Now all these wolves were normal size wolves but once they change their appearance, they suddenly are around 2 meter high.

It was truly a sight to see.

Anyways, I learned quickly that all these creatures which were afraid of me first, started to warm up to me and also started to try and protect me. Who knew why but it felt a bit weird and wholesome at the same time. Just imagining them being around me at all times was making me feel happy.