~51~: Leading the way!

I was feeling great being back in this dragon form. I really didn't get why I felt this great being in a dragon form but I did. This was the best thing to experience. The breeze of air against my skin and the feeling of being able to fly everywhere I wanted was just making me feel free. There was nothing better than this. As much as I wanted to focus on these happy thoughts, I just couldn't with the ongoing war that was raging below my feet.

"RAAAAAOOOORRRR"

Roaring into the morning sky wasn't making any difference but I wanted to make my presence known. I was sure that even the people on the battlefield could hear my roar. If they could hear it then maybe, I had the hope that, maybe their spirit would rise and they would not give up yet. They had to hold on no matter what but till then I had to stop flying very fast ahead because of the men following my lead.

Shit...

Some of the beasts are coming this way!

I'll get rid of them before they can harm Micheal and his holy knights!

On the ground, the holy knights were all on horses following me as I was flying above their heads and sometimes even circling. It turned out that the demons we had thought earlier were not the only ones which escaped. More and more started to spam while we came closer to the real battleside.

Their screams echoed as they went to kill the creatures. It was a scream filled with their emotions and their results to go on and live. Anyone who might hear them scream would think they were barbarians but I knew better than that since I was watching them from above. Of course I could go down to help them but would I be really of any help especially with the size of my body? I had to land in order to do anything and even then there wouldn't be enough space for me to move at all. This was the reason why I was flying above their heads. Then again, I could use my firebreath to help them out. Though while I would do that, I would probably make the whole forest catch fire as well and kill them all instead of helping them.

It is coming in fast!

They are all fighting demons for now....

I am gonna drop and take care of this.

"ROOOOOOOAAAAARRRR"

I let yet another roar out before I went flying faster towards the demonic being. It was huge from what I could see and it was strong since it was uprooting the trees in its path. The skin was all gray and it seemed as if it had scales as well. Was this how a normal demonic beast looked like? If so then I was seriously questioning what beasts the soldiers of the duchy would be for taking care of things like that on a nearly daily basis as well... just unbelievable.

Looking at the thing, I could see some fur as well but the fur was only around the back of the neck as well as legs. From what I could see it had sharp claws as well. I might need to be careful about them. Then the next thing I noticed from the distance I was and from it standing on two feet reacting to my scream, it had horns and six eyes. That thing was a true beast pure and pure. No telling what it could do at all but it seemed strong and fast.

That thing... is a demonic beast?

That is a demonic beast?

Are you kidding me?

That thing is around 2 to 2.5 meters!

How in the world are the soldiers normally dealing with this shit?

It's close to being as tall as me!

Holy!

The closer I got, the more I started to think that what I was about to do might be a wrong decision but was it really? If I wouldn't attack it now, it would for sure go and attack the soldiers behind me who knew how to fight demons but for sure not demonic beasts. Even then this was too much of a scale for them. There was no doubt their ability was really great but this was no longer a question about that. The size of this thing suggested that the knights would need to fight in a group of at least 10 people while at the same time taking care of the demons as well. I wouldn't wish anyone to need to take care of this many enemies, beasts, monsters, demons, call it whatever you wanted. It was just horrible!