~23~ Too many questions!

It was really nice to know that wizards wouldn't hurt me at all but curiosity was definitely not the best right now. Besides, even if they would ask me a ton of things, I wouldn't know how to answer him at all. Was he even expecting me to say something in return?

"Sensei, why ask the dragon if we can't understand each other?"

"Because our documents say that they can communicate with us and understand us."

"We have documents about them?"

"We do indeed but they are closed off except for a few high ranked mages."

"Awwww... and here I wanted to ask to read it."

"You have to study a lot Ilya. You are still young and need more to learn before you can call yourself a mage or a wizard."

"I know..."

"Now then let's see.... My little friend, do you understand us?"

In my opinion it was a bit late to ask me that but I answered with a node and continued to look at them carefully, overserving their motions. You could never be too careful after all and at this point, it wouldn't surprise me if the whole book's plot was starting to change or that facts I knew were not true at all. So who was telling me that I was indeed safe with them. They made promises not to hurt me but what about others? What if that was the honey bread before the beating?

"Good, good. Now can you answer us?"

I shook my head to tell them that I didn't know nor could talk to them. Maybe I could but right now, I don't know how or anything. I was actually stuck in this small dragon body.

"That isn't so important as long as you can understand us."

Who said that?

There is still a language barrier between us!

How are we supposed to communicate?

As if he could understand what I was saying, he started laughing and then came over a lot closer ignoring my growling and petting my head. First of all, I would like to make it clear that I was not a pet. Second of all, I was growling as a warning and he still came closer. Did he know that I wouldn't attack him or did he just go based on what they knew about that one dragon in the legend? Well whatever it may be, I would say this man had a screw loose for approaching a freaking dragon like that.

"Sensei, I think they don't like that."

"I believe so too.... I am sorry."

"How old do you think the dragon is?"

"They are a child, maybe even an infant by our standards."

"ROAR!"

"Or maybe not...."

"Hmpf!"

"Then how old are you?"

How was I about to show them the hold I was? I couldn't talk but I did have claws. I might just write six down but who told me that the writing system I learned was the same here as well? I never had a book in my hand in this world after all. Without any other choice left, I did the only thing I could think off and stopped with my right paw 6 times. Thankfully the magician got the message correctly."

"Six year?"

A node came from my side to acknowledge the answer.

"So you are 2 years younger than me."

"Ilya, treat our gest nicely and if you can spend some time with them."

"MH!"

Who do you think I was?