~44~: ... What are you doing here?!

I don't really know when but I think, I also kinda fall asleep. Anyways when I woke up, Micheal was by my side and he was sleeping at the bedside too. He was leaning against the edge and I could tell how sleepy he was for him to have fallen asleep too. If anything, he must have been soo worried about me that he simply couldn't go on and fell asleep.

Seeing him sleep this soundly made me not wanting to wake him up at all. It wasn't a deep sleep but it was enough that I would say that I could wake him up if I moved too much. So in the end, I decided to just lay low and wait a bit more thinking about the events and what we had to do next.

For once, the pope lost the respect of all the people who were fathering there and then Micheal gained them because he was simply shielding me and trying to do the right thing. I knew that now that his shackles were gone, he was able to express himself and show his full potential. Somewhat it felt like I was growing closer towards him as if we were becoming siblings not lovers or anything like that. We were still young after all.

"For how long are you awake?"

"Huh?"

"Sorry... I shouldn't have asked that..."

"It's fine. Not long."

"I am-"

That pulled me out of my thoughts of memories. I don't know why I expected him to sleep for a while longer than this. Maybe he just nodded off a bit and I woke up. Oh well, I wouldn't really know what happened for him to fall asleep or how long I was asleep for. However, one thing I did know. I knew how much he thought that what happened was his fault and I wanted to immediately make this right. This was not his fault after all.

"This is not your fault."

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean everything. Micheal, nothing is your fault. It was my choice to act up and you couldn't stop me back then."

"... you really understand me."

"Who else if not me?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

"What's so funny?"

"I never thought that there will be one day someone who could understand me like you...But I don't want to lose you. So never do something like this again."

"Gotcha! It's not as if I wanted to get in trouble myself but it was the right thing to do."

"I know..."

"Come to think of it, how long was I out?"

"About 4 hours. I am glad you are fine now... or are you not?"

"I am. I feel refreshed as well."

This was such a lie. I felt sluggish but I felt better. Somehow it felt as if I was just studying for an exam and didn't really sleep the majority of the night. I was used to this feeling a lot but right now it was the only memory I could associate with this feeling and it just felt nostalgic because I felt soo free right now. Besides I also didn't want to make Micheal worry about me more than he had too so I decided to lie to him. It was a small white lie and it was just for his own good. Otherwise he would beat himself up because of this and there was nothing really about it. I was just tired and would need more rest that was all. Besides we didn't have the time for this since there was also a banquet in the evening too.

"That's good to hear."

Slowly I got up from the bed and Micheal even helped me to get out of it. It seemed as if he was worried that I would kinda fall down so I let him escort me out of the room and downstairs to where the Viscount was staying. It was necessary for us to say at least thank you to them for letting us rest here.