~6~: First impressions matter!

Alright, no matter how much I thought about this situation, it didn't make sense to me at all. I get that these doctors must have gone through a lot but the moment they came in everyone was around me and then they checked my pulse while bursting out in tears. My new father was standing by the door and my maid was right behind these gentlemen. I would probably exaggerate when I say they had a face on as if they just saw a miracle. It shouldn't be like that since I was a normal patient. Still somehow this was indeed bothering.

Once they were done checking up on me, they all started crying even more. Some even fell on the ground while others hugged themselves. This made me think that all the people in this world had a screw loose while the one lunatic I should be worried about was in fact my new father. He was probably the man behind everything and the reason these poor people were acting up this much.

"It looks like the princess is all fine now."

"Are you sure you are not making another mistake?"

"Yes..."

That didn't sound soo good. Honestly it was more like a shaky yes and I think I get what happened. If the duke's son, my father, just asked them if they made a mistake then that only means that they told him something before but I was not sure what it was. Maybe it was related to me and it could also be because of how long I was sleeping. Maybe it was not related to me but his other sons or even himself. Who knows but chances were just high that he meant something that happened related to me. I mean why else would they literally care and treat me like a saint about right now. It made me a bit crazy and left a heavy feeling of uncomfortability. I mean who would like this kind of treatment? Especially since I didn't want to harm them or do any harm to them.

I kinda feel really bad for them about now....

Why are they still kneeling!

I am not gonna hurt them... neither is my father... well probably since I am awake now...

Hopefully,.... Well if not I will need to stop him for sure.

Let's see what I should do?

I need to save this situation!

There was one idea that popped up in my mind and that was actually jumping down from the bed and hurriedly running over to my father and then just hugging his leg. I was a patient with no memories and he told me he was my father. So of course I would make it my mission to win his heart over. No matter what, I just need his approval as well as his heart to be here and not get kicked out.

"Father... I am fine!"

I decided to play it cute and hug his leg while looking up while I was just a small kid who was reaching his knees and looking up at him with big round eyes which were close to tearing up to make it look sparkly. There was one thing I learned over the years and that was crying on command plus it was not hard to remember that feeling.

"They did their best, father."

"What a cute daughter I have!"

He smiled down at me before picking me up so I could hug him and at this point, I couldn't see his face anymore since I was hugging him weary tightly.

"So what do you think I should do with them?"

"Reward them."

"Even if they did a misdiagnosis in your state earlier?"

"What is a misdiagnosis?"

"They lied to me. Lying is very bad Viviana."

What are you thinking?