~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!

As soon everything was sorted out, the banquet came to an end. It was just too much for a day. The nobles all went home to where they would be safe and those who wanted to help out sent their chief knight's captain to be with us. One would think that most of these nobles didn't want to be involved in something like a war but that was not it. They knew that when the duchy would fall, they would fall too. Anxiety was a strong weapon and a motivation to act.

"How many knights are outside wanting to help us?"

Me, Micheal and Ryan were now sitting in a room all together including a holy knight which was Noel. Jazmin was outside dealing with all the support we were receiving. They were just too many knights appearing at our church and a good number of knights were on standby to start marching out to the battlefield the moment we would too.

"We have the support of 20 families as of now."

"Numbers?"

"More than a thousand men from what we could get from all the knights captains party numbers."

"That is a lot."

"A lot is also on the line."

Ryan was mostly observing this whole scenario but he was also commenting every now and then too just like right now. For him, it was more important to get moving rather than sit around like what we were doing. Still it was important to do this and since I told him to sit, he was actually sitting here with us. We needed a plan. These men never thought of a demonic beast nor seen one in real life. It would be a great shock and a huge loss if we would send them into the battle straight in. We had to come up with a plan that would work. Of course Ryan would be the one leading the knights while me and Micheal would be with the holy knights.

"Why are we sitting here again and not marching?"

"Brother, do you want to risk all their lives?"

"It's a battlefield they are gonna risk their lives either way."

"That might seem logical to you but these knights are not trained for battle."

It was obvious that what Micheal just said was the truth. I wanted to say the same thing but he beat me to it. Besides I did feel uneasy waiting instead of marching on too. It was my family which was on the line after all.

"Then what do you suggest, your Eminence?"

"These knights never fought into a real battle. They are trained to be discord knights and battle normal knights or even robbers and bandits."

"So?"

"They won't know what to do with a demonic beast."

Apparently Micheal also knew the rumors about the demonic beast which were planned to be usd. I sometimes really was thinking that I was the only one who didn't know something like that. However it also just might be my imagination since the holy knights were something more than just knights. They were also an information guild which would know about various things. No wonder he knew who I was back then too.

"How do you know about the beasts?"

"I know that the crown requested the old pops help in creating them. So I know a bit about them as well."

"Why didn't you say anything about it!"

"Because I would have lost my life with the pope still being around. Right now he is in a prison cell and there is no escape from his fate."

"So you are not scared that he will escape?"

"My holy knights wouldn't let him. Jasper is already on this mission."