~52~: When the dragon arrives!

After this small incident, we made our way to the real battlefield and this time there was no beast sopping us. Some minor amount of demons were on the way to the troops but they showed no effort in slaying them all. It seemed as if this little force I had behind me wouldn't be able to be stopped by anything at all.

Then it was finally time!

I started to see the plain field where there was a lot of smoke coming from. The heavy scent of blood was just horrible but what was worse was all the screams coming from all these people. The war was going on in full manor and I could even sense the bloodlust of four people. These people had to be Ryan the duke and two of his sons.

"ROOOAAAAAAARRRRR!!!"

Honestly we made haste to arrive and it seemed we arrived at a good timing because when I let out another scream and came flying right above the tree lines, I could tell how relieved everyone was. The first target I focused on was a nearby beast. I basically threw myself at it and got it to the ground even laying on the back as well. It was surprised to see me as I had concealed my presence but now that I was there, there was no need to do this anymore.

"THEY ARRIVED!"

"HELP ARRIVED!"

"WE CAN DO THIS!"

"DON'T LOSE FOCUS NOW!"

Some started to cheer up and I could only think about my men who would do that while others started panicking and running away.

"A DRGAON!"

"RETREAT!"

"Don't leave these bastards to go!"

"FOR THE DUCHY! FOR OUR FUTURE!"

"ATTACK!"

Within seconds later I used my firebreath to erase the nearest demonic beast from the face of earth.

"MOVE SOLDIERS! LET THE DRAGON HANDLE IT!"

I should feel horrible but then why was I feeling this satisfaction and not only that but I was enjoying this too.

"HISSSSSSS"

A hissing sound came out of my mouth when some soldiers came a bit too close to me. It was a bit of a warning not to mess with me nor my prey. Somewhat this was just pure on instinct and I couldn't turn this off. It was who I am. As a dragon this behavior seemed programmed and normal. Yet it was definitely not something ordinary people should take lightly.

"It's dead....IT'S DEAD!"

"The dragon took care of it... this easily.... We are saved!"

"LET'S GO SOLDIERS!"

"ONE LAST TIME! LET'S PUT OUR ALL INTO THIS!"

Suddenly, the earth started shaking and a screaming roar pierced the air.

"ROOOAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!"

What was this...

Where did it come from!

This is not a dagon roar...

WHAT THE HECK!

This roar was not mine and it made me look into the direction of where it came from. It was a distorted roar which sounded more like screeching than roaring. However it had this deadly presence in it which made me immediately look in the direction to see a beast as huge as me. We could be on eye level or it could be a bit bigger than me. I wasn't as sure about the actual height seeing as I was on one end of the battlefield and it was on the other side of it.