~20~: On the hit list

That night, I couldn't really say what it was but I woke up due to a noise. It was not as loud but I felt like someone was watching me. This feeling of shivers down my spine and a big lump in my stomach was just there. It felt as if something was about to happen and I was just waiting for it. My best bet was that it was my instincts which kicked in but I had no idea what it really was. All in all, I just woke up in a completely empty room completely drenched in sweat.

What the heck....

Did I have a nightmare?

It feels real!

My heart is still beating!

I was laying in my bed not moving at all and just looking down at the blanket as I sat up. First of all, it did feel like a nightmare just something a bit too real but then I started hearing another sound which came from my window. At this point, I was a bit panicked. Of course it was something coming from my imagination and wasn't real but this feeling that I had right now was not making the situation any better.

What was that?

Maybe a bird?

An animal?

No no! Stop thinking!

Let's just go back to sleep.

...

Yeah no!

As if I could sleep like this!

My breathing was not even and it felt as if I was part of a horror movie right now. There was nothing that was reassuring me or making me feel any better at all. The only hope I had left after laying on the bed for a bit was to either call out or get Emi or anyone who was outside. There were always people patrolling the hallways anyways.

Should I call out?

But what if Emi is there and I just wake someone up?

I don't want to wake people up... not after what I did earlier.

My grandpa might have been lenient with me once but who said he was gonna be again... yeah let's not make a stupid mistake.

Ah no. That was enough for the day.

I don't wanna see my grandfather again.

When I thought about getting in trouble for waking people up, I decided to just go to the door and ask for someone. Maybe even go find my own father and wake him up if worse gets worse. However when I opened the door, there was already someone standing there. They were dressed like servants but I couldn't remember seeing them ever before around this part.

That was not important right now at all. I wanted to get this feeling away and it was getting worse and worse. Maybe it was warning me but I was not paying attention to it as I couldn't understand this feeling. It was illogical to me to feel this way since the duchy was one of the most secure buildings there are in this entire world. Who would dare to actually break into a duchy which had people with best blood in them and abilities? That was definitely not something a normal person would do at all.

"Ah, ahm sorry to ask you but can you look if there is something outside my windows?"

"Of course."

I let this person into my room and led him to the window. Oh how foolish I was. I should have known that something was wrong but why would I? There was no need for anyone to have something against me besides Rosetta. There was no need for anyone to get rid of me at this point yet. I haven't done anything besides being with my brothers and helping them get stronger. So why was I foolish?