~14~: A strange child

At the duke residence:

After Ryan left with Viviana, Oliver and his head butler Delca were together in his study discussing what had happened earlier that day. There were a couple of explanations that Oliver could think of but he wanted to hear it personally from Delca. This man was not only his butler but also a very old friend. He trusted this man with his life and Delca himself was not just any butler at all. In fact this man knew how to wield a sword and fight better than any night. Skilled not only with the sword but also with the bow and any other kind of weapon as well. A mana sword is the least problem one would have when facing this old man. The age was not a problem at all, in contrast to how he looks, this butler was still quite agile and skilled. One would need to look at him with caution since he is more than he seemed to be.

"What do you think about Vivana?"

"She is a lovely child."

"You can be honest with me, we are old friends after all."

"That was my honest thoughts about the girl."

"I see..."

"If I may, I believe the princess has a very unique ability."

The moment the butler said that, Oliver couldn't help but stop doing what he was doing and instead looked up to the man, quite shocked but also confused. He never knew that the girl had an ability. However her bright golden eyes were proof that she would have a very strong one. It is the blood through her veins which was closer to the dragon than being a human. He never saw such eyes in his family before and he should know about this since they have a family room with all the portraits of everyone inside.

"Pardon?"

"Earlier the other day, Lady Viviana healed the head maid Emilia at her side."

"Healed?"

"Oh my. Did she perhaps not say anything about this?"

"This is why I called you here."

"I see."

"Tell me what exactly happened."

"I escorted her as you have ordered me to do but we ran into Lady Rosetta on the way here."

"Rosetta you say? She shouldn't be around this part of the mansion. Looks as if I have to talk with my brother about this."

"The lady loves to walk around and this is the shortest way to the garden where she was supposed to be. I believe she simply wanted to go there on her own."

"No matter how short this way is, there are rules in this house."

"It is my duty to prevent this from happening. Please punish me as you can see fit."

With that the butler bowed before Oliver and even took out a small dagger to present to his master. Anyone seeing that would immediately jump to conclusion and think that Oliver here was the bad guy and bullying the poor butler. As much as it looked like this, it was not the case at all.

"Stand up. How many times did I tell you not to do this? You can't prevent everything from happening."

"I understand that."

"Now what happened when they saw Rosetta?"

"Lady Rosetta immediately called Emilia over since the maid was supposed to be one of hers."

"True... I should have made sure she knew about the change."

"As the duke and everyone knows, she has quite the temperament."

"You mean she is bullying the weak and letting out her anger at everyone."

"You may take my words as you wish."