~12~: The story behind the duke family

Never did I find any hints in the book about the duke family origin at all. It was interesting to see that there was more than just the book's content which made this all the more real. Not only that but it gave me hope that things would not go according to the book. Well they had to no matter what. I was way too young to die and I had no intention of dying as well. There were still soo many things I wanted to do and see! Now was however not the time to think about that at all.

"This might be a bit of a long story. Good that we have half an hour left of the ride to get to the central plaza anyways."

"I don't mind it being long."

This was how it started:

Once upon a time this land was a barren land without any place that could harbour anything living. It was said that this land was used for the worst of the wors of mankind. However things were not as they were told. In fact the people living on this land were no other than poor people without any origin nor any history or family. That included money, a title and a property. They didn't had anything to live by.

Day in and day out the people of this land would fear their death. It was normal for them to encounter it due to a variety of reasons. One was a lack of food. There was nothing that could grow on this land and even if they wanted to and tried it out, it would always wither away and dry out before they could even harvest something.

There was not a single place which was not roamed around by monster which called this land their homes. The people tried to build homes but they would get destroyed due to the poor quality of their houses. They would freeze in the winter without any kind of shelter and without any kind of heat source.

These days were just dark for mankind on this land.

However there was one creature which looked at the humans in interest.

It watched them day and day out without any break and couldn't help but wonder. This mighty beast didn't understand why the humans would continue to try and rebuild the homes they lost and grow things on a land which was dry. There was no water way around the place either. It just didn't make any sense to it at all.

One day it decided to descend from his cave and get out of hiding.

To its surprise the humans were not scared of it at all. In the contrary they looked at the beast and welcomed it with open arms. They knew why couldn't fight it yet they had all weapons in their hand. None of them attacked the creature first and the beast knew that as long as he wasn't provoking them, they wouldn't attack at all.

"Tell me humans.... Why are you all staying here?"

That was what it spoke to the people around him. Unsure as of what to respond they just looked at each other. However there was one brave woman which walked toward the beat. She was a very beautiful maiden but she was very thin and malnourished. One could see the fatigue in her eyes but there was a burning flame that told the beast everything he needed to know. She wanted to live no matter what and wouldn't stop at anything.

"We just want to live in peace."

In the end that was what the brave woman said to the creature. Something about the way she spoke to him made him more and more curious. They were weak beings and yet they did things with a lot of pation and will power. What was it that kept these people going?

"Why not move to another land instead then?"

"Where should we go? This is our home. This is all we have."

"It may be so, but how about a fresh start instead?"

The word of the beast made sense but little did he know that there was a backstory to why these people were on this land.

One Way: Find the Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें