~3~: Something to remember...

"Stop this! This is not one of your games!"

Who is this?

What are they talking about?

Why can't I move?

It's soo hot.

"I never said it was one."

"Then why did you bring an outsider here!"

Outsider?

Are they talking about me?

My body felt awfully hot and heavy. There was no way I would move at all. Still my mind was there and I could actually hear what they were saying every single bit of it. Not only that but I could feel my surroundings. As weird as that sounded, it just meant that I could tell that I was not laying on the ground but on something really soft and something cool was on my forehead. Wait! Did I have a fever by any chance? That must have been it since there was not really any other explanation. I still felt soo hot that I wanted to jump into the next ice bath! Was that maybe too much to ask for? But seriously it would feel soo nice now.

"She is one of us!"

"How can you say such nonsense!"

What does he mean?

Who is this?

Who is he talking too?

I want to move!

I want to open my eyes and see!

DAMN IT!

"I am not."

"You found her on your way back from the other end of our territory! How does that make any sense! A child in a cursed and beast ridden forest! HAH, tell me something more realistic will ya!"

I don't wanna blame this man but honestly, I wouldn't believe that as well. If I wouldn't have been the one in question and lived through that, I would definitely have thought that the guy was lying to me. It just didn't make any sense! No matter how much I was thinking about it. There was just no explanation and I couldn't remember anything at all. I mean, yes, I knew my past life but that was not the important thing right now! I wanted to know more about the body owner! Why was the kid all alone in that forest when it was so dangerous! Why was there no beast around or was I just lucky? And moreover where were the child's guardians?! Why was there no one around her!

Just by knowing that my eyes were golden, I could tell that this child's body was one of the crazy duke's household kids but nothing more than that. Still it didn't make much sense at all. Normally every sub-family or any branch family was killed off to make sure that only the head family would survive. So all brothers which were not chosen as the duke, and refused to live in the head family would be slaughtered in this story. How was it literally possible for a kid like this child's body to be born outside of this house?!

There was just such a mystery about the owner of this body... well previous owner since I was now the new one. Not as if that was helping me at all.

If I remembered the story correctly, there shouldn't be a child like myself at all. This duke family consisted of the duke, his three sons and then their kids. One of the duke's sons was in charge of the knights, the other one was the next in line to inherit the title of duke and then the last one was actually here for information gathering since it was said that that child was a loner and a bookworm. Honestly, I can't blame him. This family was crazy so he actually was the most normal one trying to hide in a library and in his very own medical lab. So yeah that much about the adults.

The kids on the other hand were barely mentioned in the book. I remember one of the three siblings, the librarian didn't have any children and didn't want any. Then the one who was in charge of the knights had two sons and a daughter. The daughter was an arrogant bitch from my perspective, she was always acting up and blaming everything on the servants. Just the average cliche villain since there had to be a black sheep in the family. In this case it was her and she was even called the mad dog of the duchy. There was barely any mention about the other two sons. However the next head of the family was mentioned to have two sons as well. Both of them were talented in swordsmanship and they were also best friends and comrades through thick and thin.