~5~: Don't be suspicious!

My heart dropped when I saw how the duke looked at me. After I told him, I had no recollection of the past event, I was for sure done. First I thought it was a good idea since I really couldn't remember anything. Not to mention that I was actually not the person this body belonged to and then there is also the fact that I had memories of the 21st century. Yeah it was definitely not wise to tell him about that or he would think I was crazy. It would make sense if I would say I just had a traumatic experience and couldn't think and remember anything and I was scared as well but for that I definitely wasn't scared enough. I was more curious and calm than scared which made me look even more suspicious and I knew that soo well. It was just something I couldn't change at all.

Then suddenly a thought popped up in my mind. It wasn't there before so I was quite shocked when it came cause the concept of shock was nothing new to me as a 21st century girl but what about this timeline?! Did the people know what a shock was or what it could do to the mind? Would this man understand what I was saying or not? Would he even care?

"Mr. Underwood?"

"No mister. Call me either father or dad... or just Oliver for now."

"Is everything okay?"

Now the only thing I could do was act cute and confused instead of actually scared because I totally failed that soo damn much. Oh well it was not as if I would die because of that. On second thought that was exactly what could happen. Lucky me, I couldn't see any kind of weapon close to this man. Then again what was stopping him from using his inhuman power such as magic or his strength to kill me? Right now I was just a small girl with no power, no background and no one backing me up at all. This could end up soo fatal for me if I was not careful at all.

Oh god!

Did I mess up already?!

How did I do that?

I am not even a day here....

Oh wait...

How long was I even out?

Come to think about it, I kinda feel sore from just laying around.

While my mind was in a small state of panic, I saw Oliver look at me with something I could only say could be worrying. He even stood up to walk towards me and come over to crouch in front of me. His gentle touch was something that scared me and I flinched immediately. It was not something I could control at all, I was just soo surprised about the sudden hug that I couldn't get what was going on at all. Yes, I knew about this character quite a bit but this was definitely surprising. Was he trying to act or was this sincerity? No matter what it was, it was not important at all right now. As long as I would live, everything was fine.

"You poor girl."

"Hm?"

"Do you remember anything? Anything at all?"

"No... is that bad Mr-"

"Father."

"Father...."

"No. It is not."

"... then will I stay here with you?"

"Yes."

Alright this is more than awkward!

How do I act?

What should I say?

Wait a moment... Why should I even act at all?!

At this point, I was starting to get irritated by my own mind. For once I didn't want to act at all but then it would be suspicious about a child who was definitely a lot more mature for their age. However, don't people say that tragedies change people? Is this not what the main characters always encounter? Furthermore, is that not a good thing for me if no one knows who I am? Maybe this was a chance to change everything. Not as if I could basically sit idle and do nothing! I was not a person who would let people tell me what to do or who I was. I was the one defining my own destiny and my fate! It was in my hands to change and mold my own future. That was what I proved all these years and that was what I managed to do. Now who said, I couldn't be myself and be just the one element who could change the whole genre?!!!