<5>

After the nikkah, he again came into the room where she was present. Slightly knocking it, Haider entered inside without waiting for any reply from her. Ishmal was sitting on the bed. For the first time in all this night, he first time looked at her for more an a second. She had light brown eyes and a wheatish skin tone having attractive features. She looked fine to Haider but that not was what he cared for. He just needed this girl to pose as a loving wife for him in front of everyone. She was wearing the same black shawl that he brought for her on their way home on her head.

On his sight, Ishmal straightened her back. His intimidating eyes and stern walk always made her gulp and it happened now as well. She couldn't believe what happened to her life over a night. She became a fake wife of someone.

Haider's eyes caught the attention of the untouched shopping bag of meals on the far side of the bed. "I told you to eat."

"I didn't want to," she simply replied.

A few lines appeared on his forehead and he stepped closer to her. Tugging his hands in his pants pocket, he gave her a grim look. "I said it and what I said should get abided no matter what."

He put extra stress on said. Ishmal fisted her fingers. He was talking as though she was one of the culprits whom he was inquiring. Perhaps that was what she meant to him.

"I wasn't hungry," she lied.

One side of Haider's lip curled up. "You have to eat. You need to look fresh and happy for my family to buy that lie that we got married in normal circumstances."

So it was also just for his own sake. No wonder she shouldn't kept any wish regarding him. Haider then picked up his phone and asked someone to come. She got startled and hugged her shawl more tightly around herself.

After a while, a woman in her fifties came inside. Her eyes flickered from Haider to Ishmal.

"Take this meal and quickly bring it back after heating it," he ordered.

"Yes Sir," the woman mumbled respectfully and grabbed the shopping bag before leaving.

"Eat first then we'll talk," he instructed her and then stood near the window, making his back against her. He soon pulled out a cigarette and lighter. As he was whiffing it, Ishmal made a distasteful face. She touched the base of her nose to abate the intense odor.

So this guy smokes as well?

But who was she to worry about it? She wasn't going to live with him forever.

After a while, the maid came back with the heated meal. Ishmal gave him a hesitant look who was already glancing at her. Blowing the smoke from his lips, he gestured with his head for her to go ahead.

Even though, this all situation had practically made her stomach gutted to even feel the hunger. However, now the nice smell of the meal had made it again shine. As she was eating, Haider completed his one cigarette.

Ishmal went to the bathroom to wash her hands. As she came into the room, she again found Haider who was already in wait for her. He had a paper in his hand.

"Sit," he ordered.

This guy only knew how to give orders. Maybe his job applied to his personal life as well. Ishmal did what he asked for anyway. He himself sat opposite her, a distance of a few meters was definitely present between them. He pulled the paper in front. Ishmal regarded it with a raised brow.

"That's a written proof of what we concurred on. A contract you can say. It basically has the same conditions which we talked about earlier. You have to sign on it," he did to the point conversation and then placed the ballpoint on the paper.