The Perfect Match

The following morning, Haider arrived in the torture cell. His veins spurted seeing the young man sitting on the stool, crying in pain and yelping for mercy. A policeman was beating him at every weak point and joint possible which would bring out the truth out of his mouth.

Seeing Haider, the policeman paused and saluted him with respect. Haider nodded and then glared at the man whose nose had burst by now.

"You can leave. I'll take over from here," he ordered his subordinate. This involved his own wife and he didn't want anyone to know it.

"Leave me. Why did I get arrested? I didn't do anything," the guy spoke in a breathy voice.

Haider pulled out his stick and banged it harshly on his knees. The man creaked in agony.  

"The house you barged into last week was mine. Now tell me; why the hell did you take your filthy of a body there in the night?" He whispered sternly and mercilessly.

The man's eyes widened in shock but soon it got replaced by fear. "It...it wasn't me. I don't know what you are talking about. I am innocent."

Haider clenched his jaw and slapped him hard across his face. "I know every damn thing. Stop this drama and spill everything."

When he again remained quiet, Haider landed another hit at his kneecap, making his legs feel like jelly. Tears brimmed in his eyes as he cried out loudly.

"I'll..te...tell you. Pl...Please don't beat me anymore," he said, raising his both arms, filled with scratches and gashes in the air.

Haider clutched his hair in his palm and shook his head brutally. He felt like doing something so that this would be his last day on the earth.

He swallowed hard before speaking. "I am Rahim. My mother works in the house of the your wife's step-grandparents. She had been suffering from TB and we didn't have any money to get her treatment. Abid Abbas was jailed because of his stepdaughter. His mother gave me the choice that she would only help me with money if I did this particular task for her. That was to defame your wife in the eyes of you and your family. Portraying as a boyfriend of hers for whom she fled. Making it seem like that she had escaped from her house because she had an affair with me. Please forgive me. I was helpless and did all this because my mother was dying. There was no other way to get money in such a short time. I became greedy and..."

"Didn't you know that who am I and I have the potential to catch you and give you the worst punishment?" Haider grabbed his has angrily.

"I knew. That's why I schemed this with all the planning. I had befriended your guard and lent him some money in exchange for extracting information about your household. That day I knew your family wouldn't be at home. That was a perfect opportunity for me. I stayed out of your bungalow for the whole time. When I noticed the car of your family, I acted upon my plan and jumped inside. Initially, my strategy was only to get caught by any of them and claim that I was your wife's boyfriend and she had asked me here for help. But maybe that was bound to happen that when I entered the kitchen, I found your wife there. It had sped up everything. When the direction of attention changed from me to your wife, I escaped somehow," he said.

"Please forgive me. I did all this being a stupid. I shouldn't have done that. Please..." Rahim pleaded.

"Shut up!" Haider punched his mouth. "Stay for a few days in the lockup. You will learn your lesson."

Haider came out of the torture cell, fuming in anger. He appointed one of his subordinates to throw Rahim behind bars. Now he had to get a hand on Abid's mother. He captured an old yet cunning woman within no time. She had told him that it was actually his son's plan to taint Ishmal's image like this in front of the whole world. He was well aware that he had no way out but he also didn't want to make Ishmal's life anywhere near pleasant.