<56>

Finally, the day had arrived when he was going to officially take her back to his house as his wife. Haider remained true to his promise and on exact Friday, he had arranged a formal ceremony to announce their marriage. It was more for Ishmal's relatives than his own who were mostly present at their actual wedding. Yet, some of his colleagues, subordinates, and head were also present which were absent earlier as Haider didn't want his own circle to know that he got married.

Ishmal was wearing a grey-blue tissue dress with beads and sequins work. There was embroidery from pure hand embellishment on the neckline, front, sleeves, and borders. Even though it wasn't a bridal dress in the true sense, but she had delicately wrapped its blue dupatta over her head while letting her hair fall free on her back. Haider wouldn't deny that she was looking stunning tonight. But more than any accessories, it was the way of her carrying herself so modestly by covering her head and chest which was making her more attractive and respectful in his eyes.

He had always thought about the crazy plans of tempting her innocent mind and claiming her as his own but right now, he loved the innocent vibes she was giving. He himself was wearing a crisp blue suit, looking handsome as usual.

Haider had put his hand over the small of her back as he was introducing her to his friends and colleagues. When they back on the stage, Ishmal was confused finding him staring at her without saying a word.

"What's wrong?" She asked, as her cheeks turned pink due to embarrassment and here Haider groaned.

He tightened his grip on her soft skin. "I am thinking of ending this party now, throw you on my shoulder, and take you to our bedroom. It is enough of my patience now."

Very soon the pink turned red and Ishmal looked down in shyness. "What are you saying?"

Haider smirked. "Damn this blush. I can't wait to see more of it."

He relished the changing colors popping on her face. He really couldn't wait to show her that how much he loved her.

Aqia somehow agreed to their reunion after seeing Haider's instances. However, she hadn't fully accepted Ishmal yet. Seeing her face, she was already on the verge of losing everything. Ishmal remembered the time when she came to their house a few days ago and discussed everything with her family. Aqia was so distant and stern at that moment too. But Ishmal gave it to the fact that she might be a bit frantic at her. If they had accepted her back, that meant they had resolved every skepticism regarding her.

To be honest, Ishmal was more scared about how to appear in front of Haider's family again. She had left their house without saying a word to them. They knew she was also involved in the lie of this marriage. She didn't know how to face them again. Even though, a while ago, Unaiza had come to meet her when the dinner had settled on every table with a heartwarming smile.

"Ishmal Bhabi, I am so glad to see you back," she commented excitedly, holding her hands.

"How are you, Unaiza?" Last time, Ishmal recalled this girl was the first one who had welcomed her with open arms and there was no any difference now.

"I am good. You are looking very pretty by the way," Unaiza said with a smile.

"Thank you," Ishmal whispered.

Unaiza shook her head. "No need." Then she looked at her and Haider back and forth. "May Allah keep both of you happy."

"Ameen. Gurya, thank you too for always being so nice and sweet," Haider gently replied and put a hand over her head.

"You guys enjoy your meal. If you need anything, give me a call. I'll be here," she informed them before leaving.

Ishmal suddenly started hearing her heartbeat in her ear. All those nerves became higher with each passing moment. How would she again make a space in the hearts of everyone? As the whole world, they also knew she had left her house and the talks she had heard about her weren't anything good. The mere idea of being known to Haider's family as a girl who fled in the darkness of the night was so bothersome for her. Her palm started getting sweaty.