<58>

The morning light peeking through the closed windows fell upon her face. Ishmal winced in her position as her eyelids fluttered. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around lazily. The room was looking dreamy and the atmosphere was still fragrant with the scent of roses. She found herself in Haider's embrace. One of his arms was around her waist and she had placed her head on his warm and muscular chest.

A timid smile crossed her lips at his peaceful sleeping face. She recalled in the last three weeks, whenever she met him and even once spent a night with him, she had always become more apprehensive about going back as soon as possible. But not anymore as there was no hurdle anymore. She was back to where she belonged as Haider said last night.

Ishmal glanced at Haider again. He never seemed this relaxed before. Her gaze fled from his handsome face to his neck and then his strong bare chest which was heaving up and down with his every shallow breath. Her cheeks suddenly started burning at this sight. From afar, he still looked the same Haider as before. But she knew how much he had changed himself for her. Despite being a tough guy, how much he treated her gently last night as though she was a delicate thing that would break by any reckless handling.

Ishmal left the bed and headed towards the washroom. Even though she and Haider reunited, still there was something important that was left. And that was making a space again in the hearts of his family and this home. She would do her best to make everyone realize that she was sincere to Haider and this household.

Ishmal quickly took a quick shower and got changed into a fancy red dress. Applying a bit of makeup and wearing the matching accessories, she completed her look by letting her hair rest free on her shoulders and back. Haider was still sleeping. As she stared back at her reflection, she remembered that she wasn't a new bride here in the true sense. Even though Haider had treated her comeback as this, however, she had lived here for three months before. And it should be her to make some effort so this everyone could warm up to her again, especially Aqia. Her words were stinging in her ears and Ishmal would do anything to prove that she was worth it.

Carefully draping the red dupatta over her head, she exited the room. When she reached the hall, she noticed Aqia busy with one of the maids; ordering her about how to clean the table by not breaking the vase.

"AssalamoAlaikum," Ishmal greeted her respectfully.

Aqia turned around at her voice and her jaw clenched at her view. An indifferent emotion settled in her eyes which broke Ishmal's heart. 

"Walaikum Assalam," she replied nevertheless and veered around at the maid. "You can leave."

"Where is Haider?" She questioned.

"He is sleeping," Ishmal murmured.

Aqia nodded. "Hmm."

"Aqia Aunt." She was about to go when Ishmal called her.

Aqia stopped in her tracks but didn't look at her. Ishmal stepped in front of her.

"Are you angry at me?" She muttered. "Please don't get me wrong. I never had bad intentions. Not in the past not now. Don't get mad at me."

Aqia glared at her. "I think so more than my anger, you should focus on your husband. Ishmal, keep him happy. Give him love and become a girl whom he would feel proud to claim as his wife. Haider's happiness is what you should be bothered about and believe me, if this won't happen, then I'll not spare you this time."

Ishmal swallowed the bitterness of her words. "I love Haider. You rest assured; I'll never do anything which can make his trust waver from me."

"That's what should happen," Aqia said sternly and then left from the lounge.