<57>

Haider pushed open the door of his room and gestured for her to enter inside with a head nod. Ishmal bit her lower lip as she looked around. She was all nervous, right? Tonight was going to be a special night. They would finally unite by every means. She was feeling shyness, excitement, happiness, and anxiety at the same time. 

She had resided here for three months. She had used this room and lived among these people for a good amount of time. When they had reached home, the memory of the past moved in the back of her mind. At that time, she was too helpless, and miserable, and had no support than Allah SWT. But now, she had Haider also with her. Her husband who loved her and promised to give her respect.

Everyone's behavior was fine with her except Aqia. Huzaifa and Hiba who first were a bit hesitant to come on the same comfort level with her as earlier, also became fine with her now. It was only her mother-in-law who was showing her dislike for her from under the covers.

When Haider had come back to their table and found his mother there talking to Ishmal, he had sensed something off by the red face and wet eyes of Ishmal. He knew Aqia hadn't accepted his wife with heart yet.

However, he didn't want to prolong this. He loved both his mother and Ishmal. Aqia should be given some time to see Ishmal's sincerity, love, and devotion for him and this house. Still, one thing was sure; he wouldn't uselessly condone the disrespect of his wife regularly. And everyone should give honor to Ishmal as a family member. That was the same reason, Ishmal too didn't bring the topic between them when Aqia was gone. She knew she had to make some effort to make space again in the hearts of Haider's family.

Ishmal's eyes widened in surprise seeing the magnificent adornment of the room. It seemed to be the decor of the wedding night. The corners of the bed were embellished with beautiful fresh white and pink roses. Their fragrance was breathtaking and roaming in the whole area. Small rose garlands and petals were spread on the dressing table, floor, and entrance too.

Ishmal turned around to look at Haider. A few months ago, the same setting had been there. But the difference was roses were red at that time and that had triggered Haider because Nisha loved them and someone had randomly used them to decorate the room. Nevertheless, right now, these flowers are Ishmal's favorite color. Still, the memories from the previous wedding night came into her recall and it made her teared up.

Haider tenderly grabbed her soft hand. Bringing it near to his lips, he placed a deep kiss on her palm. "I am so happy to have you back here. You belonged to me, my life, my house, and my room. And you came back to where you should have been."

A tear finally fell from her eye. Haider cupped the side of her cheek and removed the wetness with his thumb.

"Haider, I need your love, your support, and your companionship," she whispered.

He smiled and pressed his lips against her forehead. "Whatever my heart can feel it's only for you. Whatever good I can show, it's only for you. I promise you, I will always love you. Along with love, it will be my utmost responsibility to always make sure that you get respect and dignity. From my side and anyone else as well. Things might be difficult now, Ishmal, and I know Mom must have turned bitter but believe me, everything will turn out to be fine. I'll become your support. I won't let anyone walk over you ever."

She nodded with a teary smile. Haider reached out for his underpocket and took out the ring. It was the same which Ishmal had returned to him so that he would give it again to her by himself.

"Your deposit," he murmured, bringing the ring in front of her eyes.

Haider opened his palm for her. Ishmal quickly put her delicate hand in his. He slid the ring on her finger and kissed the said digit.