<46>

The next morning, Haider entered the torture cell. As always, beating was continued here but he never felt an ounce of pity or even disgust for them. Their deeds brought them here and they truly deserved every bit of punches that landed on them. The other party was the suspects who perhaps would turn out to be innocent in the end. However, the law worked like this. They got captured because they had a close association with the crime scene. And compassion was the last thing that was needed in the job he did.

The MNA and his men were all bloody right now. Their hues and cries were reverberating in the small cell and they sounded frightening. The inspector had no intention to stop the assault.

"Did they spill anything?" He asked him.

He saluted Haider. "Not yet, Sir."

"Move aside. Let me flex my muscles too," Haider smiled slyly.

A few punches and hits from him and that MNA was speaking. "I...I wanted my son back. But the police weren't releasing him. Perhaps you are the one who was declining any kind of bail for him. I was furious and for me, the life of my son was important. Hence I made a plan to let you down by some means. Luckily, one of your inspectors was very easy to get as a prey. I offered him a lot of money and somehow he gave me some inside news about you. That you had imprisoned someone named as Abid Abbas due to some personal reasons. His case wasn't part of a crime scene. You randomly ordered your inspectors to arrest him. I thought I might have gotten some lead. I met Abid Abbas's father and he told me that you have been doing this for Abid's stepdaughter. I thought must have some relationship with her hence..."

He didn't get to complete what he was saying as Haider slapped him hard which even caused his teeth to rattle.

To find the traitor inspector wasn't difficult. He would deal with him very soon. But first, he was required to get a hand over that prick father of Abid. From the MNA, he got to know that his men had kidnapped the old man before they executed their plan to follow him. It was to avoid any betrayal from his side. Haider had quickly sent his men to rescue him so that the police could have their way with him.

Kidnapping the kids, coercing the women, and then taking part in a murder scene. He had many crimes on his plate.

                  ___________________

Ishmal chose one of her newest and most reasonable dresses for today. She didn't have many and some of them were even worn out but this dark green dress seemed better out of all in her eyes. She was going on a date with Haider today. Their first one. Despite what her family had told her last night, she still wanted to go out with him. To let herself give him and their marriage a chance, she had to do this. And as far as she knew, Haider wouldn't let her back off now. He already had such a bad impression of women and if she did so, it would get worse.

And they were married already and Haider was right if they wanted this marriage, no one could stop them. Neither legally nor socially. Regardless first she should really get to know him better and see whether he was true to his words or not. To make him care for her, change himself for, try to love her, and crave her.

Their relationship needed some time and effort from both of them and she was willing for this. If Haider would prove to be a caring, responsible, and caring husband for her then why would her mother and grandparents object to their reunion. They wanted to see her happy and her happiness was only linked with Haider indeed.

Today Ishmal took both of her classes one after another and got free earlier than usual. She didn't want to become obvious to her family this quickly. They would literally forbid her from meeting him altogether. Hence she had called Haider to pick her up at twelve so that she could reach home timely.