<36>

"Did you already divorce that girl?" Aqia asked, making the water he was gulping stay in his mouth.

A bitter taste came on his tongue as he sipped the water down his throat again. Why everything was so difficult? Why did leaving her seem like the most complicated thing in this world? Haider had taken a decision but he didn't want to act upon it. He never thought that someone would melt the ice around his heart but here Ishmal did it. She warmed up his heart. But he brutally crushed the melted ice again. His ego again won against his heart.

He put the glass back before shaking his head. "Not yet."

Aqia raised a brow. "Then when? I at least don't want a drama again, Haider. She was introduced to everyone as your wife and when they won't see her here, it will be more bothersome than to tell everyone that you divorced her because she was not a good girl and you weren't happy with her."

Haider narrowed his eyes at her. "That isn't going to happen, Mom. Stop bringing her into this when it's not her fault. Tell everyone the truth. I don't fear anyone."

"The truth is that you are still sulking over a married woman with kids who ditched you because of another man. Is that what we should tell everyone?" Tashfeen replied instead, sarcastically.

He never brought Nisha in an obvious way in front of Haider ever. Aqia was more than enough for that task. But today seeing how his son was ruining his life because of some mountains of ego, he couldn't help himself. If not Ishmal, however, Haider should now move on from the past.

Haider's grip increased painfully on his fork. "What satisfaction do you all get by bringing up that woman's topic again and again? I damn care about her. She can go to hell from my side. She is not the reason why Ishmal wanted to leave me and why I sent her away."

"Then why did you do that?" Tashfeen asked.

"Because that marriage was based on a contract which was bound to come to an end. I don't think so it's that difficult to grasp this thing," Haider said, with a slight tilt of his shoulder.

"Then what are you going to do after divorce? You plan to live like this forever?" Tashfeen lifted a brow.

"When I feel like committing again, I will marry that before you can even question me once more. That's the thing I have been telling you for ages." He stood up and pushed the chair behind which caused a characteristic sound.  "I am full now. Ask someone to bring a cup of coffee to my room quickly."

After that, he left the table. Aqia glared at his back while her husband sighed.

"He is unbelievable," Huzaifa commented.

Unaiza bit her lower lip while seeing and listening to everything in silence. What was Haider hiding from them?

              ______________________

Unaiza entered his room with a cup of coffee. He was perched on his bed with a laptop on his lap. On the couch, she could see his uniform's jacket and pistol which were recklessly thrown. It was after such a long time she was seeing a mess in his room. Maybe Ishmal was very good at acting like the doting wife.

"Your coffee," she said to gain his attention.

Haider glanced up at her. "Why did you bring it yourself? But thank you."

Unaiza gave him the cup and sat on the edge of the bed. "It's fine. I wanted to talk to you."

Haider exhaled. "Unaiza, if your talk again concerns her, I have no mood to have such a discussion."

"If you have passed over what happened years ago, then why did you let Ishmal Bhabi go?" She questioned.

"Because that was needed Unaiza. She wanted to get something else from this relationship which I couldn't give her so that was the most suitable option to do. And please don't keep on annoying me with this topic again and again all of you. I am getting tired of it. You should leave now. I need to sleep," Haider told her sternly.