<6>

When he told his family about that girl over the breakfast table, at first they were happy that he finally found someone for him. Although Aqia had so many nice proposals for him and some of them she even liked, still she was happy that Haider at last listened to them. However when he disclosed his unexpected nikkah, all of them were stunned. They were not expecting this. Where he wasn't willing to marry anyone for seven years, now suddenly did it.

"You did a nikkah with her and didn't even feel a need to tell us?" It was Aqia who was shocked to the core.

Haider scoffed. "It all happened in an emergency, Mom. Shahid, my friend, had to leave for abroad all of a sudden due to some personal issues. But she was alone here hence he asked me to marry her so that he could be freed from worry related to her."

"But why didn't you tell us? This hidden nikkah isn't coming in a good taste, Haider." Tashfeen joined the talk.

"When you guys were forcing me into marriage, I already had Shahid's sister as a better option in my eyes. I talked to him and he said yes. I was just about to inform you guys to take my proposal for her but the need never came since Shahid got burdened with his own difficulty related to some of his accounts his which got frozen and he had to reach the US for their renewal," he lied and perhaps that was the first time, he lied this much.

But what could Haider have done? Without this, there was no solution to this problem. At least he could force that girl however he wanted and wouldn't have to care for her rights and anything related to this marriage. She would always find herself intimidated by him because he got her a place to live.

He squared his shoulders and gave his astounded yet a bit angry parents a stern look. "Now I want you guys to properly hold our marriage."

"But how? Her brother isn't here and if there is no one in her family except him then what will we say to guests? And what about this already happened nikkah? What people will think?" Aqia asked in irritation.

Haider placed the fork on the plate back. "I did a nikkah Mom, not a sin about which you care about what people will think. You already were forcing me to marry and when I did it, you were again not happy. Then tell me what should I do?"

"Fine then," Tashfeen murmured and interrupted his wife with a hand as well who was just about to speak. "Nikkah is not a small thing. You already did it and now that girl is your wife. So rukhsati is an inevitable thing that should happen at any cost. We will hold the ferment of your official wedding this weekend with a proper barat."

Tashfeen and even now Aqia as well now made peace with the fact that Haider had married. It was them who were compelling him to do so as soon as possible. And it was good that he eventually got himself a wife. Yes, the circumstances weren't favorable and nice yet it was better than the life their son was currently living.

"What's her name?" Aqia asked.

Haider thought back to what that girl told him her name before speaking. "Ishmal."

His mother nodded. "That's a beautiful name. I want to meet her before the official wedding."

Haider's jaw dropped. "Why do you want to meet her?"

Aqia grimaced. "Of course now she is your wife and now she is going to be a part of our family so I need to talk to her so that I can at least get to know her."

"God, I am so happy. Finally, my number will come," Huzaifa chanted in excitation however he was looking like a rascal to Haider with his simmering smirk. He glared at him at which he cheekily grinned.

"Stay silent, Huzaifa. You are so shameless. Here your brother was repulsive of the mention of the marriage and there you are dying to wear the wedding suit," Aqia reprimanded him at which he laughed loudly.