💛Epilogue💛

It had been a while she was feeling surreal. First, the obvious happiness of attaining motherhood and then after nine months of pain, mood swings, and hardships molded with small joys and then finally being able to hold a small bundle of fluff which you were holding for so many months, was beyond description.

She had a different glow since then. Maybe at times, the difficult times of pregnancy and then raising a newborn came in between, but none could overpower the ethereal feel of being a mother. She now didn't even feel loneliness in this house as happened before Jannat made her way in their life.

Jannat Haider.

Their cute and adorable little daughter had just turned one and a half months today. Ishmal had discovered that she was pregnant when they were back from two weeks of honeymoon. And the way Haider had cared for her was mind-blowing. He didn't even let her do anything and she felt like a useless princess who had nothing to do but get pampered by her husband.

When the truth of that night came in front of everyone, Aqia felt guilt. She actually asked for forgiveness from Ishmal and admitted that she shouldn't have acted impulsively and acted hard with her. But seeing the forgiveness words came out from a woman whom Ishmal considered her mother, she herself felt bad.

She had now Haider with her; her husband who loved her dearly and was willing to go to any extent to get her the respect she deserved. Moreover, very soon, she was going to have a baby. She had nothing more to desire. Then why to hold grudges against someone who was even a mother figure even if at that time, she felt her heart slashed due to her words?

When their pregnancy was announced, Aqia specifically came to their house to meet her and asked Haider to come back to the house. However, he didn't comply. According to Haider, it was ideal that some time would pass because the ties were still raw and something that was not solid had the potential to fall apart with more might than before.

When Jannat was born, the same thing arose again. In the hospital, Aqia was adamant that from there, they should directly go to their house. But again, Haider excused.

"You are clearly hurt, Haider. On the other hand, Ammi and everyone else too. Please don't do that anymore. It's not necessary. We should go back. To our house. We belong there. Jannat belongs there, in between her the affection of her grandparents and the love of her Uncle and Aunt." Ishmal remembered she had said this to him after they remained alone in the hospital.

Haider caressed the side of her face. "Ishmal, whatever happened that's something I can't forget. And nothing had changed very much till now. Letting you have the respect is something I had vowed to myself so let me do that."

Ishmal couldn't say anything in return. He was right in his place maybe.

Following her night routine, when Ishmal came back in the room, her eyes exhilarated to find Haider cradling their daughter in his arms, gently rocking her for her sleep. It was ironic that in front of Haider, Jannat would never want to go anywhere else other than his embrace, not even her mother's. Hence in the night, it was Haider who put her to sleep.