<38>

Haider soon realized his sudden emotional outburst and stopped his hand in the midway. He sighed and raised his palm at Huzaifa who just shook his head in dismay. He couldn't believe he was just about to punch his own brother just because Ishmal was mentioned by him. It was getting unbelievable and oddly strange. He just couldn't listen to anyone talking about her effect on him directly or indirectly.

"I overreacted due to my mind being occupied with some other issue," he started in a low voice. "Your game got ruined due to me. You guys carry on."

"Are you alright, Haider Bhai? You don't seem like," Huzaifa asked with a slight lift of his brow.

Haider glowered at him. "I am fine. Don't give me such weird looks. It's not like you would have gotten scared by what happened earlier."

"I am amazed at another thing by the way. Amazed is a small word. I am perplexed. Not sure pleasantly but definitely surprised," Huzaifa said, with a sharp curl of his lips.

Haider understood the hidden meaning behind his statement and it took him a lot of self-control not to react to it again. Huzaifa loved to play smart and clever. He usually pressed the feelings and words about of other person's heart by his shrewd way of handling things. Haider knew he was doing it here as well.

Haider placed a hand over his shoulder. "Oh. Nice then."

Unaiza sensing something bad was going to happen came forward to interrupt them. However, the sudden Cold War was over by now. Neither Haider wants to prolong it nor Huzaifa. Amidst all this, he shared a very good bond with his family and he didn't want to mess it up again because of a woman.

"Haider Bhai, will you have dinner with us?" Unaiza questioned.

Haider nodded. "I am just going to grab a shower then I will join you guys on the table."

Unaiza smiled. "Okay." Then she turned towards Huzaifa. "Let's resume Huzaifa. It was my turn."

Huzaifa exhaled recklessly while looking at Haider's back who just went around to leave. Unaiza put the tip of the bat on the ground in front of him.

"You shouldn't have spoken of her in front of Haider Bhai," she murmured.

Huzaifa snickered while tossing the ball at her whose eyes widened at this sudden attempt of the catch again but like always, Unaiza was able to get the ball in the cup of her hands.

"He is smitten by her but he doesn't want to admit it," he mumbled, grabbing the bat which was about to fall from Unaiza because she was more concerned for the ball which he hurled towards her.

"Then what will you get by teasing him? It's not like he is going to admit it this way. He has sent Ishmal Bhabi away and maybe he will divorce her soon too. It's just so sad," Unaiza murmured with a sigh evident in her voice.

Huzaifa removed her glasses from her eyes. "Soon but not yet, Glasses. I just want that some light will enter in his head and he just stop all this....You look better this way, Ursula. Believe me."

Unaiza's cheeks reddened due to shyness. "But I can't see anything this way."

He chuckled, putting her glasses back on her nose. "Let's restart then. Bowl to me."

                      _________________

As the warm water was falling down his body, he closed his eyes to let it affect his anxious mind. Haider didn't know what was happening to him. The anger that he suppressed a while ago in front of his siblings again resurfaced as soon as he was alone. He knew with how much difficulty he curbed himself to not act upon his desire to tear every single thing when Huzaifa had talked about how Ishmal's absence had changed him for the worst.