<42>

Haider knew after that obvious threat, anything was expected to happen. However, he never learned to lean down or do any corruption in his work. He had given the evidence of phone calls and video recordings of him being followed by someone to the DIG. And that was on his recommendation, he started having a police mobile very near to him whenever he needed to travel.

Haider had prepared everything beforehand. Today he had no intention to let the rascals fly away. They should get the taste of their own medicine. By appearing as being trapped by them, he would call the other cops and these idiots would see their last happy day today. He would have easily manipulated the situation by himself if that cunning MNA hadn't have gotten his hands on Ishmal.

He didn't know how it happened and why did they know Ishmal was someone with whom they could attempt to coerce him. But at that time, seeing her, he knew he had to act smartly and not let any single lead reach over to them which could affect her. He would take care of them landing a hand over her later on. That was another charge against them. And he would make it the worst punishment.

When the man had asked him to come out of his car or else they would shoot Ishmal, he had smartly hidden a gun in his side pocket while putting his revolver on the dashboard for the show. The police mobile would come here in just a few minutes and till then, he was required to do something so that nothing could hurt Ishmal.

She had come here for him. She put her life at stake so that he could be saved. She didn't mind for anything and for his sake, she was willing to even do anything. That MNA's men must have forced her by taking his name and that he was in trouble. And she did reach him because she cared for him. A woman did it for him. Someone with whom he always acted coldly, and rudely and gave her the punishment for someone else behavior. She believed on a few random words that Haider's life was in danger and she rushed over without any second thought.

And he had her safe and sound now. Seeing her after many months, made him crave for her on another level. As she was here, in front of his eyes, he suddenly felt an urge to never let her go and live a happy life with her. Forgetting every past bitterness, just focus on this girl who cools down the lava boiling inside his body.  Tell her how much he loved her and give her love, respect, and admiration which she truly deserved.

And he would do that. He wouldn't let her go this time as well. Haider had definitely made up his mind.

Haider gave a brief glance at his arm. The bullet escaped away after piercing the flesh of his biceps. The blood was still coming out of it and there were black hues on his brown shirt around the gunshot. Haider pressed the wound with his palm and hissed at the pain sensation. However it was nothing compared to the solace he was feeling by having her here.

Ishmal was sitting in his car as he told her earlier. She was crying when he reached over to the passenger's seat. It felt like she wasn't herself right now. Her face was white and her eyes were red due to tears. Of course, too much had happened that it was understandable why was she frightened. Haider opened the door and stared at her. He bent down a bit to reach her level.

"You are safe now, Ishmal," he murmured.

Her blubbering eyes caught his figure but she didn't say anything. Swallowing hard, she got out of the car and leveled up next to him. Her gaze flitted from his face to his neck and then his arm. She flinched at the sight of such a big wound and her sobs intensified. Her lips were moving but he couldn't make out what she was saying.

"Ishmal, are you okay?" He again asked.

Seeing her silence made Haider join the dots at another thing. And this made him furious. What if they tried to do something with her and that was the reason for her stunned behavior? He curled his fingers in a fist. He would not spare them if that was the case. He would kill every one of them.