<39>

Red +  Blue = Magenta.

Blue +  Red = Purple.

Blue +  Yellow = Teal.

Yellow +  Blue = Chartreuse.

Yellow +  Red = Amber.

Red +  Yellow = Vermilion.

Ishmal wrote on the whiteboard and then turned toward the kids with a smile.

"So students, that's a small art hack that every one of you should know. Sometimes we don't have appropriate colors so you can use your mind to make one by mixing two," she explained in a slow and steady tone.

Soon the bell rang. Ishmal checked the time on her wristwatch and then picked up her handbag from the dice.

"I will see you tomorrow. The assignment which I gave you should be completed. And remember that life is worth living if it's filled with colors. Keep smiling and keep cherishing the art," she said the goodbye words and then left the class.

She walked towards the staff room. She had another class after an hour and till then, she needed to wait. Two weeks ago Ishmal applied to Ibad's school as an art teacher. She was approved by the principal at the moment who was in dire need of a substitute art teacher. And she loved coming here. The faculty was nice and cooperative. Art was her hobby, her passion, and something that she always enjoyed doing.  Making something that you liked your profession was indeed a blessing.

She was met by a few fellow teachers in the staff room whom she greeted warmly on her way. As she sat on one of the chairs on the far left, Miss Zaema glanced at her who was just occupying the sofa near to her. She was an English teacher here.

"Done with your classes?" Miss Zaema asked.

Ishmal shook her head. "One done. One remaining. "

Zaeema chirped as her big lips painted in red lipstick spread. "So how's your experience till now?"

"It's really nice," Ishmal briefly answered.

Maybe Miss Zaema would have continued with the conversation but was interrupted when a staff came inside.

"Miss Ishmal, Principal Madam wants to see you," she told her.

Ishmal raised a brow. "Me? Okay. I'll come."

Ishmal gave Zaeema a granted look before going out. She hoped everything was fine. She was quite new here and she needed to make everyone happy to make a space. When she reached in the Principal's office, her eyes locked on the middle-aged short short-haired woman.

Principal straightened her back at her sight. "Come Miss Ishmal."

"You asked me here, Madam," she murmured, taking small, meticulous steps inside.

"Have a seat. I have a thing to discuss with you," she informed her.

Ishmal bit her lip in apprehension but did as she was told.

"It's been a while since you are teaching here and I have seen some of your crafts. And I won't lie they were stunning," the principal started.

Ishmal's cheeks heated. "Thanks, Madam."

"You must have heard about a popular newspaper and children's magazine Rise and Shine. Recently their manager called me. She is one of my friend's daughters hence she reached out to me first. They need a graphic artist for their manuscript and magazine. You immediately came into my mind, Ishmal. I think you should consider this. That's a very good opportunity with a handsome salary," she explained the whole thing.