<28>

"Now compensation for whose mistake I am doing? Perhaps Nisha." Ishmal's voice made him pause in his tracks.

Haider curled his finger in a fist and turned around to face her. The sudden dark which invaded the black of his eyes made Ishmal almost jump out of her place. But that was the last straw. Her only resort to get freedom was by provoking him by using his ex.

He clenched his jaw and got closer to her. Who the hell told her about Nisha? From what did she get this information?

"I don't give a damn about anyone," he whispered firmly. "Don't keep on linking me to any random person who means nothing to me."

A side of Ishmal's lip curled up. "Oh. She means nothing to you? Strange to know that because certainly you didn't marry for your whole life just because of your break up with her and when you did, it was just for the sake of your family. And you just see her in me. You treat and hurt my feelings as if I am Nisha. She isn't a random person for you, Mr. Haider. You still have kept her in your ego, in your memories, and perhaps in your heart ---"

"Stop it, Ishmal," he snarled causing Ishmal to pause.

She gulped at the sight of him spilling daggers through his eyes. Why was she talking about that woman whom he hated the most? He had overcome her betrayal. Then why Ishmal again and again bought it in between them?

He bent near her and placed his both arms around her figure. Nudging her chin up with the help of his finger, he looked into her eyes. The calmness and softness he found there, even soothed his own raging emotions. She was indeed becoming someone special to him. Someone without whom, he wouldn't be able to live anymore.

"That's not how what you are thinking. Stop overusing your pretty brain. You need rest right now," he said, gently stroking her cheek.

Ishmal clenched her teeth together before hooking her finger in one of the buttons of his shirt. Pulling him more closer to her, she slammed her lips against his. Haider's eyes got widened at this unexpected move from her who had just firmly shut her own.

The feeling of her soft lips on his own made Haider go crazy. He grasped her slim back with his strong hand and kissed her with the intensity like there was no tomorrow. She was like an addictive temptation that he couldn't resist. The attraction that he felt for her was something he never got from anyone else. The wish to claim her as his never got so pronounced with anyone else. 

Haider covered her cheek with his big palm while digging one of his knees on the mattress as his other hand sensually stroked her curves. Ishmal gasped in pleasure while trying to keep up with kissing him back. Biting on her lower lip, he tried to explore her mouth but Ishmal restrained and hardly pushed him away by dragging his chest with her both hands.

Haider narrowed his eyes at her. But she didn't give him any time to retreat as she got up. Haider followed her movement. Ishmal leveled up next to him and gazed at his confused face.

"That's what I always feel when you treat me as if I am her. When you talk badly to me by keeping her in your mind. When you come near me and touch me but its all to show your possession over me just because to satisfy your ego which got hurt due to her. That's exactly what I feel, Mr. Haider which you are feeling right now. Being used but not admired, adored, or cherished," Ishmal confessed everything in one go while breathing heavily.

Haider was stunned after hearing her. She didn't stay here for a second more as she left for the bathroom. Even though it was hard for her to walk, she didn't want to remain in the same place as him right now. Ishmal was limping as she exited and then closed the door of the bathroom harshly.

It felt like a direct slap on his face. Today Haider didn't get furious when Nisha was mentioned in front of him. There was not even a sprinkle of anger. In those eight years, he had made his ego bigger than anything else. He cared for no one else while getting simmered into this lava himself and everyone related to him as well. He became a hateful person who never got out of this self-destruction. He loathed women just because of one woman who wasn't sincere in their relationship. He hurt everyone just because of what that woman did.