<22>

Haider lifted his hand and outlined her lips with his thumb. "Does anyone ever tell you that you are extremely gorgeous?"

Ishmal inhaled a sharp breath at his husky voice, the feel of his hot breath over her cheek and his thumb on her lips. She shouldn't like it but it was the opposite. His touch had nearly made her numb and she was looking at him with widened eyes.

Haider went more near her; their lips were almost touching. Ishmal was sure that even if he would slightly tilt his head, that almost would leave the context. She didn't know what was happening to her at that time. She felt like that her feet were almost glued to the floor and she couldn't move away. From this destruction and havoc.

"Even if no one told you but I find you very beautiful," he murmured. "And till you are my wife, I want only me to appreciate your beauty, only me being your orbit of attention and everything."

He again glanced at her lips. She had evoked a fire inside his heart. A scorching one in which he was enjoying getting burnt without wanting it. He was again on the same path which he never desired for himself.

Haider was not in his senses right now. He was intoxicated. Intoxicated by Ishmal's scent, touch, brown eyes, and delicate body. The person he had become because of what happened eight years ago wasn't present here. He wasn't being himself and only Ishmal was on his mind.

God, he never found himself in this spell bounded by anyone.

Ishmal's cheeks heated by his statement but soon she cursed herself for making this obvious to him that his words did their effect on her. "But why? We never agreed for anything to become real in our contract, Mr. Haider."

"To the hell with that contract. I damn care about it," he growled, placing his both hands behind her on the roof. "All I know is that you are my wife."

What was happening to him? He shouldn't do that. He was again making himself get ready to get betrayed by another woman. But what could he do with this ego of his? This ego which wasn't letting him to think of Ishmal as someone who wasn't his.

Ishmal glared at him. It was all a matter of his egotistical and selfish reasons. Haider considered her as someone who was his property and whom he owned now. Just like her stepfather who also deemed her his possession as she was living in his house. Perhaps Haider also wanted to dominate her and it was nothing else other than that.

Ishmal placed her hands on his chest and pushed him away. The sudden rush of emotions she got because of this touch was also there. She didn't know why she was drawn towards this arrogant man who didn't think for anyone else but himself. But self-respect was way ahead of anything for her. She then fled from the room before he could say or do anything.

As she was gone, the spell that was spread around Haider also broke. He kept on looking at the closed door with a blank mind. What was that? Did he just indirectly say that he accepted this marriage and wanted to stay with Ishmal as his wife?

Haider took out the pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lightened it up with a lighter. He placed it in between his lips while inhaling the air around it. A while ago when it seemed so mesmerized to it because of Ishmal's sweet perfume and her very own alluring scent, now it only smelled of annoying smoke. Suddenly his mind made an image of Ishmal getting irritated and touching her nose to remove the smell of the cigarette whenever he smoked it. Getting disgruntled, they blew it off and crumpled it in his palm before throwing it away.

Standing opposite to the window, Haider looked outside. The sun was about to set as the sky was turning orange-red. Why all this was happening? He never let his self-made walls of ego tumble in front of anyone. But why it was different with Ishmal? He hated women but why hate didn't even exist whenever Ishmal was concerned? Haider closed his eyes momentarily and in front of them, a memory of Ishmal's light brown eyes and pink lips appeared.