<26>

Haider had never thought that when the time of their divorce would reach and Ishmal would finally walk out of his life, he would be this much affected by this. At the level that it would simmer his insides that he had to let her go at the end. What he had decided in that contract was just a way to get an easy way out of his parents's constant pressure. He only married her because she seemed a better choice on whom he wouldn't have to put any extra effort to try to make her understand his situation.

In the beginning, it was nothing but a paper which was signed between them. Haider always anticipated the relieved feel of whenever his fake wife would leave his life and he would be able to live how he used to live before without any force from his parents to get commit again. However now the word fake itself fended him off itself even though it was he who had always used it for Ishmal and their marriage in the first place. Whenever Ishmal called herself his fake wife and their wedding nothing but a paper-related relationship, it irked him. It shouldn't but it did. He had a dire need to burn the whole world and announce it to everyone that this girl only belonged to him.

It was a feeling of possessiveness and it was increasing with each passing day. Today when he saw Ishmal with her packed suitcase ready to leave, he was furious. It was indeed what he wanted from the really start but when it was happening for real, he felt like someone was snatching what was his away from him. Like a feeling of something precious leaving him.

"That was decided that it's in my hand when to end this contract," he announced, firmly and unapologetically.

The way that tear escaped from Ishmal's eye upon hearing this made him pause. It had made her feel worthless. Haider knew he was an absolutely prideful jerk to say it like this and make it seem like only that contract mattered to him. But what could he do? That ego which had built up to sky heights wouldn't fall down in a small instance. He couldn't let his ego go but he also couldn't let this girl go as well. She was his and he would never ever leave her.

Cupping her cheeks in between his palms, Haider stared into her tear-filled light brown eyes. Then it flew from her nose and then her lips. Without letting himself have any time to have a second thought, he leaned ahead and captured her soft lips with his possessive one. Ishmal gasped at this sudden attempt and jumped out of her place. But she couldn't do anything because of his strong veiny hands on her face. It was so overwhelming yet tempting at the same time. Haider's body heat was engulfing her while his musky scent was filling her nostrils and his hot lips were claiming hers as a perfect match for each other.

Raising her hands, Ishmal placed it on his chest and tried to push his strong chest to drag him away. However, once she made contact with his warm chest, it made her hands feel like jelly which was unable to do anything. He was making her every sense to go numb. Ishmal looked at him with widened eyes when he bit her lower lip and gaining the opportunity, made his way inside her mouth. He was already staring at her; eyes so cold and arrogant as always. Ishmal smelled of vanilla and tasted perfect. He loved the feel of her soft lips and delicate skin under his hands.

Haider's arrogant and taunting eyes.

Something hit Ishmal at this sight and then she really pushed him away. Those eyes had that accomplished feeling of finally possessing something and making yourself victorious by breaking it. She hated herself for reacting to him pleasantly and letting him kiss her.

Tears brimmed her vision at this humiliation. Haider glanced her way meticulously. He indeed loved kissing her but he wished it had the same effect in showing it to her as well. She did nothing to him and she didn't deserve to be kept in the dark about all those changed feelings of him for her but he couldn't do that. Haider couldn't let her know that he had accepted her as his wife. It should remain a battle of ego and nothing else because if he would tell her the truth, he had to let her go to satisfy his own high ego.