<10>

The day brought the luminous rays of sunlight into the faintly dark room. The window was exactly opposite to the couch on which she was sleeping hence the bright light welcomed her first. Ishmal twitched in her place and her eyelids fluttered at its effect. She slowly opened her eyes and they caught the sight of some unfamiliar and strange surroundings. It took her another minute to bring all her senses back and realize the fake life she was going to have from now on.

But why did this fake life have humiliation with it as well?

She inhaled through her nostrils and sat up. Her back was aching due to the stiff contour of the couch. Softly picking all of her hair in her one palm, she curled it into a loose bun. Ishmal stood up, her eyes locking on the bed where Haider was sleeping. Like the night as well, this time nothing changed. His expressions displayed rudeness, pride, and a look of being like an unapproachable star.

Not that she wanted to approach him anyway. That would be the most ridiculous thought that ever crossed her mind.

Her mind reverted back to last night. How he insulted her as though she came here by her will and want. Yes, it was bound to happen like this which ironically included both her will and want, however, that was not what she wanted. Getting married to a stranger was the least plausible thought for her. Yet, Haider treated her like some stupid love-stricken girl who was so keen on becoming his wife.

It was an agreement from both of them. When she was getting the protection and a place to live then he was also getting a paper marriage to please his family for whatever reason he had. Nevertheless, it didn't justify how he talked to her last night. She signed for a roof to hide herself so as not to get belittled by someone. Perhaps if Haider wanted to become a controlling husband as he was by his profession, he shouldn't have brought that contract between them.

Now this contract had placed them both on equal footing and he had no right to disrespect her. Ishmal never found anyone respecting her but now she didn't want this guy to do so as well. He should know that they were at the same points on a common path and she wouldn't bear her disrespect anymore.

Straightening her dupatta on her shoulders, she walked into the washroom. After having a warm shower, Ishmal chose a beige long embroidered dress having white glasswork on it. As she was standing in front of the mirror, she looked at her face.

The headache from the last night was almost to nothing. Her big brown eyes were a bit drowsy as she started combing her light brown hair. She recalled the date of today in her mind. It had been a week since she fled her grandparents' house. She didn't know how her mother would be doing. And what accusations her stepfather would have found against her. She then wore beige and purple bangles on her both wrists.

Haider woke up due to the sound of something annoying near him. At first, he took another side to again try to sleep. But the noise was not stopping, hence he had to get up. Ishmal was in en suite; standing in front of the wardrobe placing her dresses inside it. The noise was because of the movement of the bangles she was wearing.

Her light brown wet hair was falling on her back while he clenched his jaw as a new surge of anger rose in his body seeing her. The presence of a woman in his room; so near to his private territory irked him. The way she was busy inside his wardrobe made all his sane senses to go away.

"What's with this stupid noise of the bangles so early in the morning?" He lashed out at her.

Ishmal turned around at his voice and faced him. The instinctive fear did cross her heart at seeing him looking at her with narrowed stern eyes but soon her mind made her remember the contract. Something which made them come on the same level. Because of this, she wasn't anywhere below him in any way. If he had her in his house, then she also had his biggest secret to spill anything when time required.

Match Made In Moonlight ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें