022, he must look dumb.

the next day michonne, rick, daryl, jonah, and lilia went to woodbury to find andrea and end the war. daryl let lily go because she was tough, and she begged him.

"rick." lilia said getting his attention as they all walked to the car.

"yeah, what's wrong lils?" rick asked. lilia wanted to cry again over lils but she stopped herself. she also wanted to punch rick but she didn't.

"ya know how i got taken by the governor?" she asked back pausing for a moment. he nodded his head. "i kinda cut his arm off." rick laughed.

"really? he must look dumb." rick continued to chuckle.

"hell yeah he does." she said. "watch your mouth lils." rick said to her. "rick, she can say that." daryl butted in. "oh sorry." rick said.

they all made it to the car. and lilia got put in the back with jonah, they were in a mini van so daryl got his own row.

"i heard you cut the governors arm off." jonah whispered turning to her criss cross. lilia did the same.

"yeah i fucked him up and booked." lilia whispered back, trying not to let daryl hear. damn! that supersonic hearing. "hey! damn it, you need to watch your mouth." daryl turned back. "sorry daryl." she replied and jonah laughed at her getting in trouble.

"shut up jonah." lilia kicked him in the shins.

"okay sorry." jonah laughed again. "hey daryl you alright?"

lilia kicked him as hard as she could knowing him talking about merle would make daryl sad.

"lily what the hell!" jonah yelled. "i recommend you not to talk about merle or i'll stab you to death." lilia whispered in his ear. "damn, that's dark." jonah said.

"jonah shut up." lilia said smiling. lily really liked him, she knew daryl would probably punish her for having a crush but jonah was amazing, she really, really liked him.

as soon as they got outside daryl pulled jonah aside. "don't touch my daughter kid!" he said kind of yelling. "daryl if you touch him i'm gonna slap you." lilia mumbled to herself.

"yes sir." jonah said scared of daryl.

"daryl, i'm gonna ignore it for now but you don't need to protect me from a twelve year old." lilia said as they walked in.

"yeah but i'm worried about him touchin you honey." daryl said.

"he's twelve daryl." lilia said.

lilia saw one familiar face. on the guard tower, her uncle? daryl knew him too, one of merle's friends. lilia and daryl looked at eachother.

"cordon?" they said in sync. "holy shit."

"lily watch your mouth." daryl said. cordon got off the guard tower. "lils!" he yelled.

"your annoying." lilia said rolling her eyes.

"i need to deliver anyone who comes into woodbury to the governor im going to kill you guys now, your mom needs you." cordon said lily wanted to kill him. "the governor needs me to."

"don't touch her cordon!" daryl raised his voice.

"i need to." cordon said getting close to grabbing daryl.

lilia pulled out her gun and pointed it at her uncle. "your not gonna pull that" he said grabbing daryl and holding a knife to his neck. daryl stayed still.

"if you get any closer im going to pull this damn trigger!" lilia raised her voice.

"what did you do to my sweet niece daryl?" cordon asked him.

"he didn't do anything you dumb bitch! i've been this way my entire life! maybe if you didn't take as many drugs you would've noticed! get your musty, dusty, crusty ass hands off my dad!" lilia yelled her finger on the trigger. she didn't mean to say dad but she also kind of meant it.

he began to slowly dig the knife into daryl's neck. daryl winced slightly. lilia pulled the trigger and daryl fell out of cordons grip. "you should've listened." lilia said shaking her head. she checked daryl's neck it didn't have any cuts just indents.

"that's the dullest knife i've ever seen." daryl said disregarding what just happened.

"go sweetie." michonne whispered in her ear. lily smiled and they went into where glenn and maggie were kept. and there was blood coming out of room. they all ran in. lily saw andrea bit on the floor.

"no! no!" michonne said. jonah began to cry. "jonah. it's okay." lilia held his hand. daryl wanted to butt in. "she- she's my aunt lily it's not okay!" jonah yelled. "jone." andrea said. "where is aunt amy?" jonah cried harder. lilia grabbed his hand and they went outside.

"jonah, it's okay." lilia said.

"amy's dead andrea is dead they are all dead, all of them." he cried harder then he already was. lilia grabbed her inhaler for him to take. he took it. "look at me jonah. death is part of life i've spent most of my life mourning and i really wish i haven't, i don't want you to do what i did. go say goodbye." lilia said.

"i love you aunt andrea." jonah cried. "i love you too." andrea replied.

lilia saw daryl was sad while they were waiting for andrea to pull the trigger but jonah was sobbing. so for this one time she chose to comfort jonah. jonah hugged 8 year old lilia. lily had spent most of her time comforting people because she never had comfort. she wanted to give everyone what she never was given. lilia didn't cry. she stayed strong for everyone around her.

bang.

jonah cried to the point where he couldn't breathe.

one hour later

lilia had thought about how she took care of everyone around her but never herself. she was 8 and had the maturity of a 20 year old because ever since she was 5 she would take care of her dad, her mom, her entire family. like she was a mom.

"thank you lily." daryl hugged her.

"for?" lilia asked.

"saving my life, making everyone around you feel comfort, for everything you have ever done in yer life." daryl hugged her bit harder.

"can i have one cussing pass without you saying 'watch yer mouth'." she impersonated daryl.

"i think i've given you a lot of those but alright." daryl said smiling.

"the governor doesn't look dumb, he looks like shit." lilia smiled.

authors note ⭐️⭐️⭐️

heyyyyyyyy i made this chapter happier then usual, why can't anything be really happy? oh yeah i'm writing this... jonah may or may not be a love interest. BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

tiktok: coral_grimes0

1085 words