057, new chapter.

6 years later.

lilia dixon, now 14 had killed 467 walkers, and 27 people. insane. lily was very mature, she was mature when she was young, she was older now. she was even more grown up. lily had grown from all the things that bothered her as a young kid, she now was going to run into new problems. it's crazy how nothing happened for 6 years, her and henry were still together. she had made another friend, gage. he was her best friend. maybe not best friend, but a really good friend.

"who are ya?" lily asked. "i'm luke, this is magna, yumiko, kelly, and her sister connie." the man said. "how many walkers have you killed?" she asked.

"a lot." he said "fair answer, how many people have you killed?" she asked again. "15" he said. she nodded. the rest of the group frantically ran towards judith. judith was older now. she was just like a little lilia, she always saved people. she was saving these people right now.

"judith thank god your here." gabriel said relieved. "why do you have these people?"

"i found em, i trust em, we are bringin em." judith insisted. lily looked at the ground a smile on her face. "no we aren't." gabriel said, "you don't don't choose what we do."

"if they don't go i don't go." judith looked at gabriel, with insisting eyes. no one really moved. "you heard er!" lily said grabbing judith's hand and getting on the horse. they rode back to alexandria with everyone with them. when they arrived michonne asked what was going on.

"who are they?" she asked, "judith found them." gabriel tattled. lily eyed him. "judith that's not your job." michonne said. "come on just give them a chance." judith said. michonne had been some kind of mother figure to lily too. she hated it. lily and judith walked to her house.

"would dad do the same thing?" judith asked the older. "no, but i would." she smiled at her. "really?" she asked. "yeah, your dad was very cautious just like your mom, not as much as her but i always forced him to do stuff."

"i'm just like you." judith told her. "hell yeah you are." she told her. "language." she told her.

"come on, you are just like my dad." lily smiled at her. judith laughed. lilia hadn't seen daryl in 6 years. he had never come back. lily left judith with a comic book that her and carl and lily used to trade. she walked to negans cell. "hey." she said.

"hey lily." he replied. "i need to tell you something." she opened up a bit.

"you ever wondered why you haven't seen my dad in years?" she asked. he nodded, "he never came back, six years ago when rick died. he went out looking, i desperately needed him. i was 8 ya know, he never came back."

"damn kid. sorry." negan said. before she could reply michonne busted through the door.

"i told you you couldn't go in here! he could kill you!" michonne screamed at her. "no reply? your grounded."

"what the hell are you gonna ground me from?" she asked. "you influence judith too much! she's coming here and talking to negan now!" michonne continued to scream at her.

"maybe if you actually cared about her, not only about yourself she wouldn't come to me crying when you act like she's nothing to you." lily shot back. "let the kid have her own opinions, she is a human not a minion."

"so negan helps her with that?" michonne asked her. "yeah! he does, and so do i because we know what it feels like to not have a family." she said. "i'm not your kid and i'm tired of acting like it."

"daryl put me in charge of you."

"oh really? no he didn't he left without telling anyone." lily turned toward her. "he did, he wanted me to take care of you."

"to hell with that! none of that happened, he left because he doesn't think rick is dead. he is. deal with it." lily said. michonne grabbed her collar, she looked at her unfazed.

"don't say his name." michonne said. "he was my family too. you know that right?" she asked. "your not my mom. you will never be anything to me." lily said flipping her off and slamming the door on her way out. a few tears ran down her face, judith had heard everything. she ran up to lilia and hugged her.

"it's okay lily." judith reassured her. "i promise."

"yeah, it is." lily said lying to her. they both laid on her bed. lilia felt helpless, what was she doing. she needed to take care of judith. "do you know about jonah?" lily asked.

"no." she replied. "when i was 8, even younger then you. i had a boyfriend, before henry. negan killed him and my uncle glenn, maggie's husband. thats why your mom doesn't want ya talkin to him. but he's changed, you can tell. we threaten him he threatens us. i don't forgive 'im. he knows that but i understand."

"wow." judith said. "it's okay now, we deleted the problem. your dad is the only thing keepin negan around. now i am."

"got it." judith said. "i'll keep you safe no matter what. i swear that to you." lily said. "thanks lia." she said. "i got you jude." she said. she walked out going to see rosita. she kissed henry on her way to her.

"hi tar." lily said. "hi lia." she said. lily smiled at tara.

"i have a question for you." lily proposed. "hit me." tara said. "have you seen daryl in 6 years?"

"yeah, i have. he came to oceanside twice." tara said. "what the hell is oceanside?"

wait, wait, wait, nobody thought to tell lilia about a place that they got all the guns from, and daryl was using that as a place to not see her. now tara just told her.

"nobody thought to tell me?" she asked. "i guess not. i'm sorry honey. he has talked about you he doesn't want you to know he's been going there because if he shows up out of the blue you might not react great." tara explained. "if he showed up before you told me this i would have been happy and joyful." lily said.

"bye." she said. she walked to her room where judith was. she grabbed the paper on the dresser and read it 3 times. she ripped it up. judith watched her in hysterics. she ran up and gave her a hug. she knew about this too, she had seen daryl she had hung out with daryl. lily grabbed her bag and tried to walk out. "lia where are you going?" judith asked following her to the kitchen.

"gonna find the asshole myself." she grabbed a few snacks and stuffed them in her bag. "love you, stay safe." she said to judith before leaving.

she walked out the door straight up, no one would care anyways. daryl? she looked at him. he was there, finally. right in front of alexandria, six years later. "hey." daryl said. "hi." she replied. she walked back into alexandria and sat on the swing. daryl followed her after talking to everyone.

"where have you been?" lily asked. "finding rick." daryl replied. "what did you find for that huh?" lily asked. "i needed you. and you left for something i know isn't real. and you go somewhere i don't know about so you don't see me? you've missed 6 birthdays, you left without saying goodbye. i haven't seen you since i was 8."

"i'm so sorry-"

"no your not, you know that. your not sorry at all. you left, and if you didn't come back i wouldn't have been surprised. you could've at least answered my calls, you could've not avoided me but instead you did both of those. come on daryl." lily hadn't called her father that since she was 7, before he was dad.

"let me speak, i'm so sorry. i didn't know how you would react, i didn't know how to take care of myself so i left and i regret that now. i'm sorry, maybe that doesn't mean anything to you but i'm sorry." daryl said. "please just be my dad again." lily said. "i swear honey." he said, that fucking liar.

authors note 💓💓

ITS CHRISTMAS EVE anyways this is pretty cool. daryl and lily still have a few rough patches. just trust the process my friends.

1427 words