024, brutal.

lilia didn't want to talk to anyone ever again but she would have to.

"lily your a badass but you can't cuss again." daryl said smiling.

"damn, sorry." lilia said smiling.

"lilia." daryl said. "sorry." lily said shocked at herself.

"it's fine." daryl laughed. "your really good at hiding pain."

"oh yeah, my mom she would hit me harder if i cried so i kinda learned how to not show pain." lily said. "my dad never did that." daryl said a bit confused.

"my mom was a weird person. whenever i told you she would kill the whole farm i really wasn't lying. she got pretty close to killing me a few times. same with my brother and dad. she killed a bar of people for fun and to get free alcohol then went to jail then snuck out and the rest is history." lilia said, daryl was bombarded from lily saying that so calm.

6 hours later

lily colored in her coloring book. when michonne walked in to say hi. "hey lia." michonne said. "hi." lilia replied, no one had ever called her lia, she liked it. "your a badass." michonne smiled with all her teeth. "thanks." lily replied smiling back. michonne walked outside of the cell. nice talk michonne.

"hey sweetheart." hershel said sitting beside lily.

"hi hershel." lily replied.

"people are getting sick, sweetie i need you to help me." hershel said. "your one of the smartest kids i know, i need you right now."

"okay, i'd love to." lilia said smiling. "alright baby, tomorrow." hershel walked off.

lilia went up to the top bunk and went to sleep and daryl went to the under bunk. she slept well that night.

she woke up first the next morning, she saw a walker, someone she knew. it was corey. she didnt cry, too much adrenaline, she ran to get daryl. "daryl." lilia said in a nervous tone. "huh?" daryl asked tired. "there are walkers in the prison." lilia replied eyes wide. "aight i'm comin." daryl got up quickly.

lily yelled to get everyone's attention. "GET OUT OF THE PRISON NOW!" she screamed as loud as she could startling everyone. "WALKERS IN THE BUILDING, I REPEAT, WALKERS. IN. THE. BUILDING!" she screamed again, not everyone got out. she killed 12 walkers, and waited to kill corey last she brought him to her cell, and stabbed him quickly. she sat in the corner and cried for a while. she wanted to stay strong, but she was 8 she couldn't stay strong all the time.

rick walked into her crying. he sat beside her. "hey baby." he said putting an arm around her. she hugged him ricks hugs were the best. she definetly needed a hug, she hadn't gotten one that she really really needed in a long time. rick was a better uncle then any of her own and daryl was really a better dad then her own. she really loved her dad but he wasn't a good person and always chose drugs over her.

"rick. why does everyone die?" she asked him tears running down her face. "i don't think i can do this anymore rick."

"lils, don't say that." rick said. "do you remember whenever you told olivia there was so much to live for? think that way for yourself."

she held onto her knife. rick looked at her holding her knife. "what's goin on?"

she cried hard. "lils. the nickname you call me is what my dad called me, i didn't want to tell you, but it makes me so mad, frustrated, i feel all emotions. i hate everything. i've changed a lot in like 10 months, i'm not the same as i was before the world went down." she told him.

"your the sweetest little girl i know baby, i never meant to do that. i love you like another daughter. i love you so fuckin much kid." rick said talking to her like an adult.

"i love you too uncle rick." lilia said wiping her tears and hugging him.

lily sat there for a while. she thought about the good things. she was smart and was not ever gonna go to school again. she was very happy about that. she only went to school one year and it sucked. she never would see her stupid fake friends again, i mean no friends. she'd never have to get hit again, at least by her mom. she went with hershel to go help the people who were sick. she was in charge of making sure most of the people were doing okay.

"hey glenn-" glenn turned back. "i got it." lilys eyes widened in horror. she never thought glenn would get sick. "holy." she had no words. she had not one. lilia ran as fast as she could to get her backpack. she ran quickly back. "glenny. i got you." lilia said grabbing her stuff. she gave him ibuprofen and water. "take this." she said. "look. i have some shots that expire in a few weeks. i know what they mean. you alright with that?" lilia asked him. "yeah. lia i trust you." glenn said in pain.

"glenn, stay still it won't hurt. i've done this before." lilia said she really hadn't done this before. glenn nodded.

she grabbed three different medicines. and cleaned his arms and poked him with the needles. he didn't really flinch. he took it well. hershel knew she had vaccines in her backpack but she only used them for very special occasions. glenn was one of them.

hershel had taken care of everything. daryl and some other people were out getting meds. they had gotten home and daryl looked through her bags, and found the medicine. "lily, you really need to take this stuff. for some kinda immunity." daryl said country accent out as ever. "okay, fine. you gonna give it to me cause i don't trust ya." lilia said. hershel came in and smiled and grabbed a few of the vaccines.

"you alright?" hershel asked cleaning her arms. "yeah i'm fine." lily rolled her eyes. "hey no need for no damn attitude." daryl said sitting on a chair beside the bed. "the governor probably gave me water." lilia laughed. daryl smiled, happy she was in a good mood. especially after corey dying. he wasn't there to help her. hershel poked her with the needle. her eye twitched a bit. he did it again and she left. she didn't wanna do much at that point she just sat there as thoughts ran through her head. she never was bored. ever.

authors note 😚😚
HEYYY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLEEEEEEE THIS IS A FILLER CHAPTER NEXT CHAPTER IS ANOTHER FILLER AND THE CHAPTER AFTER IS BIGGGGGGGGGGGGG SO PLEASE STICK W ME i hate the way i write and how i skip over stuff but please forget this is a fan fic and just think of it as a book with a character you know.

1189 words

"all i did was try my best, this is the kind of thanks i get, unrelentlessly upset. they say these are the golden years. but i wish i could disappear ego crush is so severe. god. it's brutal out here."

-olivia rodrigo