036, rinds.

3 years earlier

lilia rind is lying on a bed in the house they were staying at. lily thought nobody had houses, they just took turns, but that wasn't the case. she was watching a movie called it, the movie had a weird looking clown. it was from the nineties. her family had left to do something lilia didn't know, she just watched. her mom had thrown her against a wall because she said something 'mean'. her leg was in pain, but per usual, she hid the pain. she just watched.

as soon as the movie was done, she grabbed one of the comic books that the house had, she smiled when she saw a young girl with her dad, they were at a candy store. her dad would never do that for her, he didn't care enough. whenever she kept reading the dad died suddenly. when she turned the page her smile dropped, now that was something her dad would do.

"lilia!" penny screamed at her. "yes?" she asked.

"we're leaving! gather your shit!" she screamed. "yes ma'am." she said back putting her folder into her plain backpack along with her other few belongings. she walked downstairs. "hey." jordan said under his breath. "hi." lilia said. "you okay?" he asked.

"yeah." she lied. jordan rubbed her shoulder, where their parents couldn't see. lily could read, write, but she couldn't do math. she never needed to. she'd never left atlanta in her 5 years of life, so she had never been to school. she taught herself how to read by using subtitles in movies, and her perfect memory. their whole family was unlicensed in the world. all their birth certificates were ripped up, because of penny rind. the government knew who they were but they didn't question it for some reason.

lily was really smart so whenever they got to a grocery store she could tell something was going on. they walked to the back, it was a publix. lilia had never been to one of those, she found it funny her dad was just there to get drugs.

as soon as they got home lily sat in 'her' room, her dad walked in stumbling. "hey baby girl!" he shouted. she looked up at him judgemental, he had never called her that before.

"so you suddenly want to be nice to me?" lily asked. "nah, i'm always nice, yer uncles here, cordon." he said. lilia rolled her eyes. cordon sat in the kitchen crying. her eyes widened at the sight. "hey lils." cordon said tears in his eyes. penny looked like she felt bad? lilia had never seen that. "your aunt passed away." cordon informed her.

her aunt. her aunt was already dead. "just jokin!" cordon said wiping the fake tears and everyone began to smile. her aunt was the only person who cared about her, and wasn't always high, she was murdered by a drunk driver, lilia cried for weeks after that. lily looked at them furious, she was disgusted cordon was joking about his wife who died. "what's wrong?" cordon asked. she continued to look at them.

"i wish you guys died that night." lily said penny looked at her in frustration.

"it's just fun and games." cordon said.

"really? your bitch ass self thinks that your wife died is fun and games? i hope a murderer kills you." lilia said, little did she know. she was that murderer.

"you think you can say that?!" penny yelled. lily lost some breath, she was about to get beat. penny grabbed her hair and pulled her back. "answer me!" she screamed.

"no." lily said nervous, but hiding it.

penny threw her to the ground, and her dad gave her a belt to hit her 5 year old with. lilia hid her facial expression as her mom hit her. as soon as she sat back in her room jordan sat beside her. tears ran down lilys face. "you are a badass lil." jordan said, "thanks." lilia said hugging him. "sorry i can't be there for you." jordan said, "jordan you're too young to worry about me." lily said, acting like an adult.

"lil your five fucking years old." jordan said. "i know, but clearly mom and dad aren't gonna do shit." lilia said. "yeah." jordan said walking out.

"lils." her dad said. "i'm sorry." he said. lily looked at him. "i just can't save you."

"i know, i, i, love you." lily said, "i can't say that back." he said. "okay." lilia said slightly smiling, he walked out. he was gonna get hit by her mom for talking to lily.

penny was very possessive. she owned her family. if they didn't obey they would get beat. that's why lilys dad was still there. penny, was kind of like jeffrey dahmer, at least in lilys mind. penny used to party in highschool, but then she fell, and cracked her head open. she had to get surgery, and after that, well she was never the same.

lilia and jordan had been mature their entire lives, if they weren't they wouldn't survive, their parents never took care of them, they just hit them for fun. lilia knew she would never get out of her house, she always hoped her parents would drop dead one day, she didn't believe there was something after, she was an atheist because her parents made her, she had her own beliefs but that's the one thing she agreed with them on. she just didn't believe she would be able to get out of her shitty life.

as she sat on her bed she thought of ways that she could get out of her house. she had done this her entire life, but she never thought of dead people eating her family. she had thought of everything, maybe killer clowns, freddy krueger, she thought of everything but not that. she thought about ending her life, but she always believed there was something to live for, even if it hiding behind closed doors. that was how she tried to keep olivia conkley alive, but obviously that didn't work.

she walked into jordan's room. "jordan, i think i want to sneak out."

"we can't lils." jordan said worried. "cause if we get caught-"

"we get beat. i get it, i dont give a damn i'm leaving," lily said, jordan grabbed her arm. "all i want in my shitty life is for you to survive, for you to be happy. if you leave you may not survive." jordan said.

"only 13 more years. 7 for you. when you leave bring me." lily said. "i promise." jordan said. lilia grabbed a piece of glass. "promise." lily said handing the glass to him. he cut her hand, her eye twitched a bit. she did the same to him.

"promise." they said in sync. lilia sat on the bed with him, they read one of the books in the room. their parents left like 20 seconds after so they put on a movie and relaxed, actually acted like kids for once.

authors note 😞😞

i fucking hate this, i had no idea what to do with it but y'all needed a backround chapter so yeah. but y'all don't even know i've been planning this book for almost a year now, it's still really bad so i'm prob gonna write another one after this idk. anyways i wanted this to be like really long but it's short af.

1261 words

"i say their just the ones who gave me life. but i truly am my parents child."

-conan gray.