026, enough for you.

lilia got up out of her bed about 5 minutes later and looked at corey. lily grabbed him by the arms and brought him outside. she pulled out her lighter and threw it on him. "i'm sorry i couldn't save you corey." lilia said beginning to cry. "i really could've. i know i could've." daryl stood in the door to get outside as he watched her. he smirked seeing his daughter be so strong, that didn't run through his head correctly. daryl held her hand. she wiped her tears as she looked at her best friend in flames. she choked out a sob. she just wanted to scream. ever since she was 3 she would go to the lake and scream all her pain out. she always had some kind of pain built up in her heart that she would never let out, no matter how much she screamed and cried she would never be able to recover from the trauma she went through.

it was all going well. she had friends. she had people who cared, she still does but it just hurts so bad to lose someone. or even someone you don't even care about die. it was going good. it was going good. it was going good. it was going good. it was going good. it was going fucking good.

she cried for almost an hour until she forced herself to get up and do something. she saw lizzie and mika at the fence. carol was with them. lizzie was crying, lilia looked."relatable." she shrugged. "andy is dead." she cried. "who the hell is andy?" lilia asked mika. "a walker." mika looked at lilia. lily tried not to laugh considering their dad just died and lizzie was crying over a person she didn't even know. lily thought to herself about what lizzie was suffering with. she didn't laugh.
(disclaimer: i don't think lizzie has a mental illness but i don't want anyone to find this offensive.)

"hey carl." lily sat beside him.

"hey lia." carl smiled at her.

"you doin alright?" lilia asked him. he looked at his shoes. "hey, you can say anything."

"i really miss sophia. she was my girlfriend, and she's gone. and moms gone and they're all gone." carl cried. lilia hugged him. "i'm a boy i can't cry." he got up and wiped his tears. "carl. you're a human, you can cry. we all cry carl. even daryl, and rick, and hershel. everybody needs to let out emotions sometimes." lily said, carl cried excepting. lilia left him alone, thats always best.

lilia ran up to rick when she saw him. she hadn't seen him in a while, she hadn't seen glenn and maggie either. "hey baby." rick smiled down at her. "hey. um. carls crying, but he wants to be alone. he thought since he was a boy he couldn't cry but i told him it was okay." rick looked at her with a concerned look, he didn't know carl thought that. "your the best lia." rick picked her up and smiled. "don't worry rick, i know." lilia smiled big. rick put her down and went back to work.

she chose to go organize her backpack. she pulled out all the stuff and she had a ton of pockets. in the big pocket she put her teddy bear her coloring books, notebook, folder, and colored pencils and pens. in her smaller pocket she put her meds, and first aid kit. in her tiny pocket she put her snacks. and she put her water bottle in, and she was all set. she smiled at her backpack. she looked up to see daryl looking annoyed. "what's wrong?" lilia asked him. "nothin." daryl said. "cmere."

lilia followed him. "look, your little friend went out and got herself killed." daryl grabbed her arm really tight. she winced a bit. "i had no idea. let go of me, please." lily said staying still after finding out her other friend died. "yeah you did." daryl grabbed her arm harder, just like shane did.

"i didn't know daryl. let go, please." she stared at him with a straight face.

"nah, tell me you knew." daryl raised his voice.

"i didn't know daryl! let go of me now!" she yelled at him.

"tell me why she went out there! her family is pissed at you!" he yelled even louder then she did. everyone was watching.

"i don't know! just believe me for once in your pitiful life!" she yelled at the same volume as him. it's like her saying that set a switch off in him. he used all of his strength to do what shane did.

"i said let go of me you bitch." she said normal volume.

"your a brat you know that!" he yelled.

"i'm not a brat! because i could never be one clearly i'm never enough for you!" she screamed.

"i hate you." lily said.

"i fucking hate you more!" he screamed, she knocked her down.

"i'm never enough for you. your just like my mom." lily said tears running down her face as she got up.

"daryl." rick got his attention. he was in extreme frustration.

"don't talk to her like that! your a little bitch who can't deal with their anger so they take it out on their kid!" carl spat. daryl looked at him in anger wanting to punch this kid.

"daryl. don't you get close to him." lily pointed her gun at her dad. tears ran down her face. "look im sorry for whatever i did, but i had no idea she was out there."

she put her gun on the ground and walked out. "well that was mature." rick said to carol beside him.

lilia cried harder then ever before partly because of pain, her friend dying, and daryl yelling at her. glenn sat beside the sobbing child. and looked at where daryl hurt her. glenn was surprised at the strength daryl used on his kid. lilia got up. from outside she sat in her bed looking at her throbbing arm as daryl came into her room. "lily i'm sorry for being a horrible dad." daryl genuinely said. "it's okay. you aren't a horrible dad." lilia looked at him lovingly. daryl's jaw dropped when he saw what he did to her. and the fact she could handle that much pain with a straight face. "it's fine daryl. just hurts." lily looked at her shoes.

authors note :p

btw i do this all from the top of my head. so usually whatever music is blasting into my ears is what i'm gonna base it off of. so the happy part i was listening to paint the town red and in the sad parts i was listening to in the stars. love you guys. this is the first chapter i've actually cried writing. so yeah that's fun :)

1160 words

"all i ever wanted was to be enough for you."

-olivia rodrigo.