Chapter 41: Birthday Bullshit

(Chapter 41)

Harry's P.O.V

Two weeks.

It's been two weeks since I've moved into my new apartment. Two weeks since I spoke with that fucker Victor. Now everytime my phone beeps I get so paranoid and start acting weird. I could tell Cara has noticed my change of demeanor, but I always start up a conversation before she can question me. It's kind of crazy how easier it has been for her to read me lately. It scares me but then again it's nice to know I have someone here for me. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost her.

"Come on mate, how long does it take you to put on one of your many black t shirts?" Louis shouted from behind my bedroom door. I rolled my eyes and slipped my phone into my back pocket.

Today was a big day, it's Cara's birthday. I don't know how I feel about her throwing some big ass party where she wouldn't even know half the people there. But she explained to me that Mirna was the one planning it and I'd rather not stand in her way.

I observed my outfit in my mirror. I was just wearing black skinny jeans with some worn out black boots my mom got me last year. I frowned at the thought of my mother, I hope she's doing well. My so-called step father James, I think, better be treating her right.

I was also wearing a long sleeve, dark grey, button up. I decided not to button it all the way up, I didn't get this butterfly tattoo on my chest for nothing. I smiled at the tat remembering the crazy night I got it done. Note to self don't drink alcohol tonight.

"Harry can we go we're already late and I'm starving mate!" Niall whined this time.

"Alright I'm coming." I answered exasperated before grabbing Cara's birthday gift. I stared at the gift for a good minute before putting it back down.

Shit, what am I doing?! She's going to hate it and then I'll look like a joke.

I ran a hand through my tamed curls before picking the gift up again. No it's Cara you're talking about she wouldn't do that to you. I took a deep breath before opening my bedroom door, the gift in hand.

"It's about damn time I was debating on leaving you here!" Louis sighs before hitting Niall on the head to wake him up. I swear these two can be a little over dramatic at times.

"Alright boys, ready to party?" Louis smirks before opening my front door. I just mumbled in response before closing the door from behind me.

I don't know why, but I had a really bad feeling about tonight.

**

Caroline's P.O.V

"No I said put the shrimp over there Pablo!" Mirna shouted at one of the waiters as they raced around the spacious condo setting things up for the party. "Do you people not understand English? Am I speaking another language?" Mirna sighed exasperated. "I said shrimp platter over here and shrimp cocktails over there by the pool! You can't have the platter and cocktails together it confuses people. Duh!" Mirna shouted before grabbing a tray of shrimp off a waiter.

When I arrived I couldn't believe how big the condo was. I honestly don't know where Mirna got the money for this, but I'd rather not ask. I can smell a month of hard labor headed my way.

I smiled politely at one of the waiters before carefully taking a glass of sparkling off of her tray and taking a sip of it. Seems like it's going to be a long night I might as well get my buzz started now before people arrive.

Especially Liam...

I quietly went up to the second floor before stepping inside one of the many random rooms. The entire condo seemed to only be made out of white and marble. Every room was spotless and I hesitated before touching anything. I really didn't like the thought of my party ruining the tidiness of this condo.