Chapter 32: Trust Issues

(Chapter 32)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

Shit.

He saw me.

I quickly turned my gaze towards Mirna who was sipping from her chocolate milkshake.

"Mirna!" I whisper-shouted, making her head pop up to reveal her chocolate milk mustache.

Even though I was so confused I couldn't help but muster a small laugh at the sight of her.

"What?" She questioned before running a hand through her hair. "Is my hair messed up?" She quickly asked, before running both of her hands through her hair.

"No your hair is perfect, I called you because, well, just look for yourself." I sighed while nodding my head towards Jake and Dani's table.

When I looked back again I noticed that this time Jake wasn't the only one looking at me, but Dani was too.

They both held the same exact facial expression.

Shock.

But I could see a little bit of guilt in their facial features as well.

What is going on!?

"We should leave..." Mirna finally suggested before standing up.

I just nodded my head never breaking Danielle's eye contact as I placed a tip on the table. I don't know why but the more I stared at Danielle the more pleading her eyes got. Like she was trying to tell me not to tell anyone without words.

Should I tell someone? Who would I tell? I don't think anyone would care besides...

Oh no

Liam

Well why wouldn't she want me to tell Liam?

I could feel my head stirring of all the possibilities, but the main one was that she was cheating on Liam...with Jake?

No she would never do anything like that to Liam and I.

"Cara, I said let's go!" Mirna whisper shouted at me before grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the cafe.

I finally came to my senses when the chilled wind took over my body as we stepped outside.

No Dani would never cheat on Liam, she loves him too much and he loves her too much.

I'll just ask Dani about it the next time I see her.

I mean it couldn't be that bad...

Could it?

~

I walked into the house to be met by a mouth watering smell.

Spaghetti

I quickly followed the smell into the kitchen to see my mother looking over the stove fixing something for dinner. And like I had just guessed it was spaghetti.

"Hi Caroline, did everything work out between you and Mirna?" My mom said never removing her eyes from the food in front of her.

Wait, how did she kn-

Liam...

"Yeah, I don't know if we'll be as close as before but were working it out." I simply say before taking a seat on one of the stools at the counter.

"That's good." She smiles before putting my food on a plate and handing it to me. I quickly took a bite before speaking up again.

"Where's Liam?" I ask, and as if on cue, Liam descends into the kitchen.