Chapter 28: Make You Mine

(Chapter 28)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

Three days.

it's been three days and I still haven't heard a word from Harry.

I would have expected him to at least call me, constantly begging for me to talk to him, which I would have done by the way.

I wanted him to show up at my door step telling me how stupid I was for running off when he didn't do anything wrong.

But he didn't

And i'm so confused

I was cut out of my thoughts by the rolling of a deep thunder. It has been raining nonstop ever since that day I ran out of Harry's apartment.

Ironic, I know...

But everyday it just keeps getting stronger and stronger, it was so bad that they had to close down school for a whole week.

Now don't get me wrong I love a good holiday, just not without Harry...

Why do you depend on him for your happiness?

My conscience questioned, it annoys me because I know she's right.

I looked down at my now cast-less foot. I was finally able to get all the bandages off of me, but I still worry about Harry's wrist.

It seemed like all my thoughts always end up on the topic of Harry. I could be thinking about getting a new dog and some how I will start to imagine how much Harry would hate it.

It's just something about Harry and i'll never understand it.

"Caroline, are you okay?" My mom questioned from the other side of my bedroom door.

"Yes," I mumbled.

"May I come in?" She continued, I wasn't in any mood to converse at the moment, but knowing my mom she wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Sure," I said before sinking deeper into my duvet.

I could hear the door open and close, before the bed began to sink from beside me. I looked to my left only see see my mom smiling down at me, even though she was smiling I could see the pity in her eyes.

"Is everything okay honey? You've been distant lately." She says before pulling a strand of my hair out of my face.

"Yeah everything is great," I lie.

I didn't want to bombard my mom with all of Harry and I's problems, I fear that she will think differently about Harry again and ban me from seeing him.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" She continues.

"Yeah mom I know" I sigh.

I know that what she said was partially true, because I already know if I tell her something she doesn't like, she wouldn't be as understanding.

"Is everything okay with you and Harry, becau-" My mom starts, but I interrupt her by yawning.

"I'm really tired mom, I think i'm gonna go to bed a little early tonight yeah," I rush before she can continue talking.

Unlike most people my mom can read me like an open book, and I knew if she saw my facial expression as she talked about Harry it would give everything away.

"Oh okay, well sleep well." My mother concludes before kissing my temple.

"Goodnight mom,"

"Goodnight," She says before closing my room door behind her.