Chapter 31: Betrayal

(Chapter 31)

Mirna's P.O.V.

I took a deep breath before entering the familiar cafe.

I told Cara to meet me here earlier today because I needed to tell her something, but i don't know if she's gonna like it...

Who am I kidding of course she's not gonna like it.

I waved at a few familiar people from our school that scattered the cafe. It was the same cafe I was first introduced to Harry in, so much has happened in such little time that it feels like that happened ages ago.

I took a seat in one of the empty booths and rested my head against the marble table. Why is all of this happening? My life was fine literally a week ago, but now every things crashing down and i don't know what to do anymore.

My parents have been fighting more than usual, and are even threatening each other about getting a divorce. Zayn got into the college of his dreams, but it's all the way in fucking America. Danielle thinks i'm a huge back stabber and wont even talk to me, and now I have to tell my best friend something that I know will ruin our friendship.

I know, my life is a fucking mess...

I heard the chime of the bells above the entrace door, indicating that somebody has just entered the cafe. I quickly look up praying to god it wasn't Cara, but of course, it was.

"Hey," She whispered, before giving me a weak smile.

"Hey," I smiled back, before sitting all the way up.

I watched as she took a seat across from me, looking at everything but me.

"Are you hungry?" I questioned, hoping to break the growing awkward silence.

Something wasn't right, this is Mirna and Cara, Cara and Mirna. There is never a dull moment when we're around each other.

Well get ready for that to change...

I sighed, knowing my conscience was telling the truth.

"I-" We both said at the same time, making me giggle.

"You go first," She smiled, but it still wasn't sincere.

"There's um, there's something I have to tell you." I said lowering my voice a little. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat before continuing. "Well I told somebody something and-"

"I know that you told Jake!" Cara blurted out finally looking me in the eye.

I wanted to say something so bad, but it was like my vocal chords were twisted up into the biggest knot ever and I couldn't get anything through it.

"H-how" I whispered barely audible for me to hear. I watched as her eyebrows knitted together disbelief taking over her features.

"My fucking brother had to tell me." She spat.

Liam?

How could he?

Oh wait.

Danielle.

That fucking bit-

"Do you know how I felt when my brother told me that my best friend had been lying to me in front of my face for who knows how long!?" She said raising her voice a little.

"I wasn't lying to you Cara I swear!" My voice cracked, I was trying my hardest not to break down in front of her right now, but it almost seemed impossible.

With all the things going on right now I don't know what I would do if I lost Cara too. I would have nothing else to live for really.

I know I still have Zayn, but he is so sure on this college, and I wont be the reason he stays back. I want him to follow his dreams and be happy. And with all the things going on with my parents I would never find enough money to go to America with him. I didn't even apply for a college over there.