Chapter 9: You've Changed

(Chapter 9)

*Liam's P.O.V*

I found myself on the road rushing to Mirna's house. My mother and I have been gone for three days to go to my aunt Marcia's wedding. But no matter how hard I've tried, I couldn't stop thinking about Caroline. Even though were not really speaking and I am still very angry with her, I know her better than anyone else. And I know she has a slight problem of attracting trouble.

"Slow down Liam! Do you wanna get us both killed!?" My mom shouted from the passenger seat. I relaxed my foot on the pedal a little, but not all the way. Caroline has not called us at all the whole time we have been gone, and I was starting to get a bit worried.

"S-Sorry mom," I mumbled. I began to relax a little as we pulled into Mirna's neighborhood. I could see Mirna's house in the distance, but as I looked in closer I noticed something else. It was a car, a black Range Rover to be exact. I watched as It pulled out of Mirna's driveway, before speeding off down the road opposite of us. That's weird why would Mirna have visitors this early in the morning? I decided to put the thought on hold and focus on picking up Caroline.

Hey! Who knows, maybe she knew who was in the car.

***

*Caroline's P.O.V*

I smiled into the pillows as I snuggled deeper into my warm duvet. People aren't kidding when they say there's no place like home. Liam and my mom already picked me up from Mirna's house and as usual my mom was doing all the talking while Liam completely ignored me. You'd think he'd be happy to see his baby sister after three days. Guess not.

Though, something that was unusual was the awkward silence in the car on the way home. Our car is never quiet, usually Liam and I would be playfully picking on each other while my mom shouted at us to quit being immature. I guess Liam is serious about this fight...

No! Nope! I am not going to be the first to apologize! Liam is always the first and It's going to stay that way. I was right anyway he needs to stop treating me like a kid, and he really needs to give me my damn phone back because I'm dying without it.

I groaned into my pillow when I heard a knock at the bedroom door. Can't a girl get some space?

"Come in mom." I say without lifting my head.

"Um it's me," I hear Liam's fairly deep voice say from behind me. I quickly jerked my head up to face him, was this it, was he finally going to apologize?

"Oh uh...what's...what's up?" I asked awkwardly, personally I hate small talk, but I didn't know what else to say or do.

"Uh nothing really," Liam says never taking his eyes off of his feet. I didn't know what to say so I just sat there waiting for his next response. Luckily I didn't have to sit in an awkward silence for long. "Did anybody visit you? Or Mirna while you were staying at her house?" Liam asked sternly, looking up at me in curiosity.

I should have knew it, he wasn't going to apologize. He's just sticking his nose in everything as usual. Now I was really annoyed, why can't Liam just focus on his own life and leave mine alone. I don't even remember the last time he brought a girl home. He used to be so happy and full of spirit, he even had a wonderful girlfriend named Danielle, Dani for short. But for some idiotic reason he ended it with her the day after Jake and I broke things off, he told her he wanted to look after me and he couldn't do that with her in the way. And till this day I still think that was the worst decision he has ever made, ever since then he was different. He cried for days, but when the tears stopped he changed, it's now been a month or so since Liam and Dani's break up and I can honestly say I really miss her.