Chapter 26: Complications

(Chapter 26)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

I could see the uncertainty in Harry's facial expression as he gestured to the spot beside him. Oh gosh. He's really going to tell me.

Well he wasn't going to tell me everything, but at least he was going to tell me something. And that's good enough, for now...

I slowly made my way over to the bed before taking a seat next to Harry. I was a little surprised when he entwined our hands before turning towards me.

This is a side of Harry i've never seen, I wanna say it's sweet because don't get me wrong it is. But, at the same time it's a little odd.

Did I really just say that Harry being nice to me is odd? Oh gosh we really do need help.

"I um-" Harry nearly spoke, but his voice cracked in the middle of it making my heart clench.

"It's okay Harry," I whispered soothingly, before reaching my hand up and caressing his cheek.

I smiled as he leaned into my touch, letting his eye lids shut before opening again.

"Last night, I-I didn't go see Louis." Harry whispered, not making any eye contact with me.

I could feel my heart drop at his words, it amazed me how easily he lied to me. I honestly didn't suspect a thing.

It makes me wonder if he has ever lied to me about anything else...

Wait, what if he's lying right now?

No he wouldn't do that.

Would he?

"Where did you go?" I whispered before squeezing his hand a little bit more.

I watched as Harry's eye lids screwed shut before opening again. It was sad seeing how hard it was for him to admit things to me.

I wish he could see that I was here for him, no one else, just me. And no matter what, I would never leave him. The past, is the past, and I would never judge Harry for something he did in the past.

"I went to visit an old friend." Harry sighed.

"Josh?" I answered for him, referring to the name he said earlier.

"Yeah, Josh." He said before standing from the bed.

I wanted to ask him why he never talked about a Josh, but I decided it would be best to just keep my mouth shut for once.

"He and I used to be best mates." Harry said, before inspecting a watch that was sitting on his dresser. He looked like he was lost in his own thoughts.

"Harry?" I whispered, trying to catch his attention again.

I watched as Harry's eyes darted over to mine before clearing his throat.

"Oh um, well h-he kept saying how important it was that I meet up with him, he said he had to tell me something. So I did." Harry said before walking back over to me.

"What did he tell you Harry?" I urged, I didn't want Harry to change his mind on telling me.

I was too anxious, I felt like I was on his cliff hanger right now. And now i'm waiting for him to drop the bomb.

"H-he.." Harry stuttered on his words. I slowly pulled his arms so that he was on his knees, face to face with me. I pulled him closer so that he could wrap his arms around my waist.

"Please tell me Harry." I whispered in his ear, before pulling him into a loving embrace.

"He told me that m-my father, h-his death wasn't an accident..." Harry barely whispered under his breath.