Chapter 11: The First Day

(Chapter 11)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

I woke up feeling dazed and slightly confused. I literally had the weirdest dream last night. I don't really remember it, but I think Liam and Harry got in a fight and Harry spent the night with me. Weird right? I was about to lay back down until I heard what sounded like a loud crash coming from downstairs.

"Mom!?" I shouted, before storming out of my room and down the stairs. Suddenly, I began to hear laughter? It was coming out of the kitchen. I quickly stomped into the kitchen to be greeted by four pairs of playful eyes. One of them was my mom's normal dark brown, but the other one was not Liam's normal light brown, they were green. "Harry?" I whispered, not believing my eyes. I watched as my mom and Harry got off of the floor, they were both covered in baking flour.

"Oh Caroline, I'm sorry honey, did we wake you?" My mother asked, trying to hold back a giggle after looking at the flour-covered Harry who had now began cleaning up.

"Cara you never told me how funny your mother was." Harry chuckled, as he began wiping off the counter tops. Was he kidding me? My mom, funny? I sent Harry a death glare, just to receive one of his signature smirks in return.

"Oh stop it Harry." My mother chuckled, before pointing a finger at Harry and giving me a thumbs up and a wink. Oh God!

"Would you care for some pancakes Cara? Your mom told me they were your favorite." Harry asked, whilst holding up a plate of overly cooked pancakes. I opened my eyes wide, before staring straight at my mom who just bursted into another fit of laughter. I honestly don't remember the last time I've seen her laugh this much. Hey! I don't even remember the last time I've seen her laugh at all. It made me happy knowing that she actually liked Harry, If only she knew who he really was. Wait! What the hell is Harry even doing here? Oh no, It's true! Liam and Harry did get into a fight, and Harry did sleep in my bed, and...

I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks from embarrassment, but I was quickly pulled back to reality by my mothers voice.

"Oh! I'm going to be late for work! A-And you need to go get dressed honey today is the first day of school remember?" Oh no! I completely forgot about that.

"Wait mom where's Liam?"

"He left a little early, something about not being able to face you." My mom shouted, as she ran around the house grabbing what she needed for work. I could feel my heart stop in my chest, what if Liam saw Harry? Or what if he saw his car outside? "Have a good day!" I heard my mom shout, before shutting the front door. I didn't get time to really think about Liam when I realised my mom had just left me at home alone, with Harry.

I could feel a tingle of warmth in my right hand, when I looked down, I was surprised to see Harry's hand on mine. His large digits slowly rubbing circles into the back of my hand. Usually, I would pull away, but I actually liked the way it felt, it was surprisingly calming.

"You like that? Don't you?" Harry whispered in my ear. I relaxed a little at the feeling of his warm breath hitting my neck. What was up with him, it was like he was observing me like I was a science experiment. I quickly pulled my hand out of Harry's, when I realized why he was even here.

"Harry your car, what if Liam-" I started, but was interrupted by Harry's finger being placed on my lips.

"Once you fell asleep last night, I realized I might as well spend the night, so I went down stairs and moved my car." Harry said, with a slight smirk. What was up with him and smirking I swear that's all he ever does.

"Shit!" I cursed to myself when I looked at the clock behind Harry. I was going to be late for school. Though, something about taking a shower in the same house as Harry made me nervous. "Um...I'm going to go take a shower, you can take one after me, I wont be long." I quickly say, before turning on my heel and making my way out of the kitchen. Sadly I didn't even make it to the third step before I felt a tug at my wrist. I turned around to see Harry with a cheeky smile plastered across his face.