Chapter 29: Moving Too Slow

(Chapter 29)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

I squeezed my eyes shut as the burning sunlight threatened to penetrate them. I sighed before attempting to switch positions in my peaceful slumber, only to have a large hand keep me in place.

I quickly pried my eye lids apart ignoring the blinding sunlight as I looked at the sleeping angel beside me. His hair was messy hanging over his face as small snores escaped from his mouth.

I couldn't help but smile at the sight, he looked so innocent. But I knew he was far from it.

The blood immediately began rushing to my cheeks as I thought about the events that took place in this room, on this very bed last night.

It was defiantly nothing I ever thought about doing with Jake.

Last night was wonderful i'll admit that, but I couldn't push away this feeling that I needed more. I was so close to Harry yet I felt so far away...

What more do you want?

My conscience pestered, obviously asking the question I didn't really know the answer to.

I don't know, I guess I just wanted to be closer to Harry. I'm not really talking about in an intimate way, though the idea does amuse me.

Last night I seemed really up on the idea on losing my virginity, Harry could have easily taken advantage of that...

But he didn't.

And something about that makes me love him even more.

What?

Wait what?

What did you just say?

I don't know?

Yes you do...

Wait! Why am I talking to myself?

Did I really just say what I think I just said?

Do I love Harry?

I could feel my heart leap at the thought, is that supposed to be a sign?

You're digging yourself a deeper hole here, you're going to regret this...

My conscience warned, it was odd because she's usually purposely trying to get me to do the wrong thing.

I decided to push all of the thoughts to the back of my head and wake Harry up, because I was afraid if I continued having a conversation with myself I would go insane.

When I finally looked back at Harry I nearly fell out of the bed when I noticed he was looking back at me.

He let out a raspy chuckle screwing his eyes shut. Even though I was startled I couldn't stop the small giggle from escaping my lips, he just looked so cute when he laughed. When he really laughed.

"Okay okay," I smiled before snuggling closer to him.

"You should have seen your face babe." He laughed before turning onto his side so we could face each other.

My face crimsoned at the sound of his words. Even though he's called me babe multiple of times it still gave me butterflies.

"What were you thinking about earlier?" Harry questioned, his heavenly laughter fading.

"Us, me, you..." I answered simply. I didn't want to get too into detail, what if he didn't feel the same way? That would absolutely brake me...

"What about us?" Harry whispered, before cheekily placing his hand on my thigh tracing circles into the already burning skin.