Chapter 4: Who Are You

(Chapter 4)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

"Miss me?" He growled, with an evil chuckle.

The smell of alcohol was fuming from his lips piercing my nose with each syllable. I was using everything in me not to vomit at the feeling of his long, rough digits moving up and down my arm.

"Get your hands off me!" I hissed, before pulling away to see who it was.

Looking up only to see the one person in the entire world I wished I'd never see again, Jake. I could already feel the tears brimming my eyes threatening to spill, but I held them back. I wanted to look stronger, I wanted to show Jake that he couldn't control me anymore.

"Hey baby, boy have I been looking for you. I told you I'd find you." He slurred with a devious smirk. I whimpered as he grabbed me even tighter, pulling me towards his body, our faces inches apart.

I looked into his clouded smokey grey eyes. I remembered when I found them unique, and mysterious. Now, all I see is just plain grey, but they are much more darker then usual. His black hair was messily shoved into a grey beanie, and he had on khaki chinos with a dark grey t shirt.

I attempted to push away from him again, but failed. There was no use, Jake was twice my size, but that wasn't what really bothered me. I watched as he skimmed my body with hungry eyes.

"Damn girl, you've changed...alot. You look really fit," Jake slurred. I rolled my eyes at his perverted comment, some people just never change.

I whimpered as his grasp on me tightened, before he began dragging me towards an empty alley behind the mall. When I looked down to grab my phone I couldn't find it. I must have left it in front of the mall with my bags too.

"J-Jake stop it!" I shouted, I knew I would regret it later, but he was cutting off the circulation to my wrist. I watched as he chuckled again and pushed me into a hard wall in the alleyway. Wincing, as my back made contact with the cold concrete wall. My heart beat escalated in fear as his face neared mine.

I quickly turned to my left, causing Jake's lips to crash onto on my cheek. When he pulled back I could tell he was frustrated that I wasn't abiding to his actions.

"You know I'm getting what I want tonight whether you like it or not you little bitch." He slurred, before grabbing a fistful of my hair and making me face him again. I winced again at his rough actions.

"Y-you're drunk Jake, maybe I should take you home." I said unsurely, even though he has really hurt me, physically, and mentally. I didn't want him to get into a car accident.

"Why the hell would I let you take me home? What? You think I'm going to fall down the stairs like an idiot too?! He taunted, venom dripping from his words.

I could feel the tears threaten to spill again, I tried to hold them back as long as I could, but I just couldn't. I cant believe he just made fun of my "accident" the night of our break up.

How does he even know about that?

I let one tear stream down my face, and regretted it the minute I did, because Jake just bursted into a fit of laughter. He was laughing at me, laughing at the pain he put me through that night.

I was fuming now, I wiped away the tears and glared at the drunk devil laughing before me. Before I knew it, my hand was connected to Jake's face once again. I quickly clasped my mouth as Jake stumbled to the left, I slapped him pretty hard this time. I knew what he would do to me now so I chose to do the best thing I could do at the moment...

Run.

I quickly turned on my heel and ran as fast as I could out of the alley. It wasn't long until I heard footsteps behind me, and they just kept getting louder, and louder.