Chapter 12: Start Of Something New

*Sorry about this late update, but yeah I had camp. Hope you enjoy its longer just for you!!*

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

(Chapter 12)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

I walked into first period with my head down. I had to run to my locker before the bell rang, to re-apply my mascara. However, I couldn't keep the puffy bags under my eyes from showing. There were a few muffled whispers as I entered the crowded classroom. I had first period chemistry, which is just another down side to this day.

"Could this day get any worse?" I whisper to myself as I sit down in a desk. Suddenly, the door swings open. I looked over only to be met by those devil grey orbs. Jake. Just my luck he's in my first period. Kill me now.

He walked to the back of the room, where all the boy-crazed girls usually hang out. I could feel the lump forming in my throat, when his eyes reverted to me. He just gave a slight smirk, before turning back to his rude friends.

"Okay class, I'd like you to meet Harry. He's new here, and I want you all to give him a warm welcome." A lady with short brown hair said as she entered the room. She had on a blue pencil skirt, with a white blouse.

"Hi Harry..." The girls in the class cooed in union, whilst the boys just did that weird nod that I could never understand. I could see the obvious annoyance in Jake's eyes, probably because all the attention wasn't on him. Ha! In your face!

"Thank you, alright Harry you can take a seat anywhere you like." Mrs Ray, our teacher says before walking to her desk. I watched as all the girls in the room cleared the seats next to them. Arguing and telling people to get up. I shook my head at them, it's truly sad how desperate they are for attention. I was too busy looking at them, I didn't even notice Harry walk up to me.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked, with that deep hoarse accent I've grown to adore. When he smiled I could see two little indents on either side of his face. He should really smile more, he looks breath taking.

"Um n-no, I'm mean, why do you want to sit here?" I asked, gesturing to all the crazy girls in the back. Harry never took his eyes off of me, he just smirked before sitting down in the chair next to me.

"Because you're sitting here." He whispered into my ear softly. I suppressed a smile as my face reddened at his words. He smirked at my reaction. I looked behind me to look at how the other girls were taking Harry sitting beside me, but my eyes accidentally landed on Jake. He was glaring at Harry, I actually thought fire would shoot out of his eyes. I was a little surprised that Jake was intimidated by Harry, he usually acts like nothing can be bigger than him. Suddenly, an idea came to me. Maybe if I make it look like i'm with Harry, Jake wont mess with me anymore. Though, that would mean I could never let Harry out of my sight. If that's what it takes. Then I would take that risk. Plus I kinda like being near Harry...

I smiled as I moved my chair closer to Harry. He just smiled back at me before turning his attention to the teacher. This should be interesting...

~

I couldn't stop giggling as Harry sang along with the car radio. We quickly made our way out of the school parking lot. Today was not my best day, but since I never really left Harry's side nobody else messed with me. I did get a few rude looks from some girls, but that was it. For some reason, I don't think Harry really cared that I kept following him. If anything I think he liked it. He even sat with Mirna and I at lunch, while Mirna talked about her magical date with Zayn last night. Overall it was a pretty good day. I still haven't told anybody about the bathroom incident. I decided to keep that to myself.