Chapter 33: Driving Me Insane

(Chapter 33)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

I woke up feeling slightly nauseous, my head was spinning and my stomach was turning.

"I guess i'm coming for you babe"

No matter what, I couldn't get Jake's message out of my head. Like the idiot I am I deleted it, but I wish I would have kept it for proof. But that's just it, I didn't want proof. I didn't want to believe.

I quickly got out of bed before slowly making my way downstairs. The house was oddly quiet, too quiet.

I cautiously began towards the kitchen hoping to see my mom, Liam, Dani, anybody really.

Empty.

Of course...

I sighed before making my way over to the fridge. Though, before I could open it I noticed something out of place at the corner of my eye. I looked to my left to be met by a sticky note in mom's handwriting.

Good morning honey, I got called into work it was an emergency but I made pancakes! They're in the fridge if you get hungry. Liam and Dani went out to run some errands as well! See you tonight! Love you! xoxo

I read over the note again before placing it aside. If Liam and Dani went out i'm guessing she still hasn't told him. I really hope she does soon, because I honestly don't know how long I can keep this too myself. Especially with Jake watching me...

Jake.

I shuddered as I thought of him, the boy that broke me. And I will remember that for the rest of my life. Mentally and physically.

I jumped by the sound of a loud knock coming from the front door. I could feel all the blood drain from my face as the knocks got louder.

I quickly grabbed the closest weapon, which just so happened to be an umbrella.

I placed my hand on the cold brass door handle before quickly jerking it open and swinging with all my might.

"What the fuck Cara!" A familiar voice yelled.

I slowly pried my eye lids apart to see a very unhappy Harry, dabbing his now bloody lip with his thumb.

I could feel the guilt taking over my features as Harry snatched the umbrella from my hands.

"Why the hell did you just hit me with an umbrella?" Harry questioned before inviting himself inside, making his way towards the kitchen. His anger still prominent.

"I'm sorry, I got...I thought..." I stuttered over my words. What was I supposed to say? Oh sorry I thought you were my crazy ex boyfriend coming to hurt me because my brothers girlfriend disobeyed him.

"Well!?" Harry asked irritably, his patience clearly growing thin.

I just sighed before grabbing a dish rag off the counter, soaking it with water before squeezing the excess off.

"Here," I whispered before dabbing the cloth against Harry's lip, causing him to hiss. Luckily he didn't pull away.

His heavy breathing seemed to relax a little as I cleaned his cut. I could feel Harry's eyes on me the entire time making me a little self conscious.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered hoping to escape the agonizing silence.

"I called you this morning but you never responded so I came to check on you." Harry shrugged like it was no big deal.

I've been trying to avoid my phone all day just in case I got another text from Jake. I can't keep living like this I know, I need to tell someone, I need to tell someone soon.